PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transition Horsham launches community forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Transition Initiatives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2 As and a B

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Transition Horsham launches community forum Reply with quote

Today we launch the Transition Horsham community forum.

The forum is the online complement to our Horsham Green Drinks networking evenings.

Please take a look, join if you like, but remember it is a local forum for local people!
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Transition Horsham launches community forum Reply with quote

foodinistar wrote:

The forum is the online complement to our Horsham Green Drinks networking evenings.

Please take a look, join if you like, but remember it is a local forum for local people!

Does a "local forum for local people" mean that those residing outside the area are not encouraged to join ?
Or does it mean that anyone suitable may join, but that the forums are primarily for discussing matters of local importance ?
clv101
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Transition Horsham launches community forum Reply with quote

foodinistar wrote:
...a local forum for local people!

I do wonder what this means? In contrast to global forums it seems people are using their full real names! Why is that then almost no one uses their real name on here for example?
2 As and a B

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Transition Horsham launches community forum Reply with quote

adam2 wrote:
foodinistar wrote:

Does a "local forum for local people" mean that those residing outside the area are not encouraged to join ?
Or does it mean that anyone suitable may join, but that the forums are primarily for discussing matters of local importance ?

A bit of both. See the bright orange hello and welcome link on the board's home page.
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Transition Horsham launches community forum Reply with quote

clv101 wrote:
foodinistar wrote:
...a local forum for local people!

I do wonder what this means? In contrast to global forums it seems people are using their full real names! Why is that then almost no one uses their real name on here for example?

I dont use my real name on here because if I did it would make it easier for people to find out my full address, which I wish to keep private.

As disscussed elswhere on these forums, I keep considerable stocks of food and other useful materials.
I consider this to be prudent preperations for an uncertain future I dont want it all looted or requistioned, which I consider to be a risk.

I also have a standalone battery/PV system, the location of which I prefer to keep private due to the planning police, part pee police, and again risk of requistioning.

Also I have been known to criticise my employers, especialy as regards energy waste, that could get me in trouble if they knew.
But they have no easy way of knowing that adam2 is in fact employee xxxxx-xxxx.

Whilst I normally avoid political disscussion on these forums, except when directly relevent to other subjects, some of my remarks might be construed as critical of the TPTB , which makes me cautious.

Several PS members know me personly, and know where I live, no problem with that any more than with any other friends.
But I would be a little more cautious about what I put on a public website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Transition Initiatives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: