PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Landshare

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keela

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Landshare Reply with quote

I think I mentioned here a while back that I'm hoping to set up allotments in our back field - and have advertised through Landshare so far. Things are progressing now, although not yet started.

So if anyone might be interested, or know of any one interested, we are 10miles or so out of Belfast. Do get in touch. Things are not off the ground yet, but I have about 5 interested parties and things are set to start over the winter ready for next year.

Costs are to be kept as low as possible, but we are starting with a cost contribution of 100 per year to cover fencing to start with......
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keela

The very best of luck to you, I mean it. Good on you and I hope you are successful with this. Set an example.

Make sure any interested parties are aware there'll be shared costs year-on-year: make it very clear. People have a habit of conveniently forgetting such things.

See if a local printer has some generic NCR receipt books; they often do batch printing of them to keep a few in stock. It's fun looking back years later at how much was given by whom for what and saves much argufying.
GordyJ1984

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 miles in which direction?
Keela

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South
Potemkin Villager

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Keela

I am intrigued by Landshare - what is it? Nothing like it here where
Landgrab is more like it!

In this area with about a permanent population of 500 I am only aware of about 6 people growing veg generally and a handfull of small farmers still with a half acre patch of spuds which are inevitably Kerrs Pinks
Keela

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roger

This is Landshare: http://landshare.channel4.com/

The aim of the site is to persuade landowners to share a patch of land with those who have no access to gardens or land to grow their own.

Many Landsharers are actually sharing a portion of their own garden in a built up area. I'm a bit out of town and am sub-dividing a field to create an area in which to make about 8 - 10 allotments. I'd considered this a couple of years ago, but not done anything until Landshare came up.

My aim now is to be up and running for 1st Jan 2010. I'm not intending to gain financially from this as to do so would make it cost prohibitive for my plot holders. I do however hope to cover costs and also to improve the area with additional plantings of fruit trees and so on over the years. To start with contributions will just about pay for the fencing. Smile
jonesy68

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also worth looking at www.spareground.co.uk
This website also offers users the ability to advertise or search for empty land or unused garden etc for use at allotments.
Used for other aspects of space too so its a website that people can use to advertise unused parking space, storage, greenhouses etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Ireland All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: