PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Short film - David Fleming's May visit to Swedish Parliament

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaun Chamberlin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Short film - David Fleming's May visit to Swedish Parliament Reply with quote

A six-minute film (English/Swedish) on David Fleming and Matt Prescott's May 2010 visit to the Swedish Parliament to discuss TEQs. From SVT, the Swedish equivalent of the BBC.

Also a full 24-minute interview with David Fleming given to SVT after the event (entirely in English).
emordnilap

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does he really say, "You would be challenged, in a very effective way, to transform your vicarage and your lifestyle"?

Laughing
The human appears to have no idea what its ideal diet should be; has self-inflicted diet-related diseases; causes extensive environmental destruction through basic food production & creates pathogenic infestations that widely infect its food supply.
Shaun Chamberlin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:
Does he really say, "You would be challenged, in a very effective way, to transform your vicarage and your lifestyle"?

Laughing

Very Happy He really does!! Gotta love him
emordnilap

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? (I mean, why vicarage)? We need to know.

Edit: you have to watch the longer interview for it to make sense.

Anyway, is Sweden going to go with this? I couldn't understand the Swedish in the short clip.

If any country is going to do this, Sweden would be a good candidate. They often seem to do the right thing. I sincerely hope they go for it. Sure, you can raise objections and point out flaws with TEQs. But no-one is coming up with anything better and the current mess needs sorting.

Fingers crossed.
The human appears to have no idea what its ideal diet should be; has self-inflicted diet-related diseases; causes extensive environmental destruction through basic food production & creates pathogenic infestations that widely infect its food supply.
Shaun Chamberlin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:
Why? (I mean, why vicarage)? We need to know.

Smile I don't have time just now to watch it again, but doesn't he say "take the example of a man living alone in an old vicarage" just beforehand?

Anyway, I myself haven't heard the outcome of the deliberations at the Riksdag, so can't shed any light as yet - sorry. Just got the link to the videos and thought I'd share.
Shaun Chamberlin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Videos have now been taken down. I don't read Swedish, but presumably - as with the BBC's iPlayer - the programmes are only available for a limited period.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun

Any further developments on this in Sweden?
Shaun Chamberlin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:
Shaun

Any further developments on this in Sweden?

Not that I've heard about, but you'd have to ask David. I haven't spoken to him in the past few weeks - been focused on other projects and away for a week's recuperation Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> TEQs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: