PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Construction starts on Bedfordshire biomass facility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Biofuels & Biomass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raspberry-blower

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Construction starts on Bedfordshire biomass facility Reply with quote

Quote:
Construction has started on a 2.6MW waste wood biomass facility on the site of a disused Ministry of Defence building in north Bedfordshire.

Continues: http://www.newenergyfocus.com/do/ecco/view_item?listid=1&listcatid=32&listitemid=4497&section=Bioenergy%20%26%20Waste

A few more of these are in the pipeline.....
PS_RalphW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to work at the MOD establishment. I always wondered what would become of it.

On google maps it appears as a giant car park for unsalable cars from a couple of years ago.

Is it the airfield or the wind tunnel site?

They had a mach 3 wind tunnel there. You knew for miles around when that was running. They had to book it weeks in advance with the electricity board, so they could crank up an extra power station, so the grid connections will already be in place....
raspberry-blower

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RalphW wrote:

Is it the airfield or the wind tunnel site?

Sorry, I can't answer that one - although from what you say Ralph, I'd hazard a guess at the latter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Biofuels & Biomass All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: