PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mother now has a wood stove !
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Biofuels & Biomass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snow hope

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe - just noticed my mispelling. Laughing We have a piano which we got tuned recently. My youngest son is now writing and playing many chords.... see here if you like music, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6A-pleCyec&feature=related he has a few originals uploaded (Needless to say I am VERY proud.) Very Happy
(Click on 'Show more' to see the lyrics)
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update time.

Wood stove working fine, Mother pleased with it.
More wood than expected is being used, but the house is now very much better heated.
This winter, so far, about a ton of purchased wood has been used and I estimate about a half ton of scavenged pallets and construction offcuts.

Consumption last winter was probably greater but it was exceptionly cold, this year though very wet has been mild.

It is my intention, to allways keep a full years worth of wood in reserve in case of shortage. Also have 20 bags of coal, with no intention of regular coal burning, but as an emergency reserve.

Shortly after the installation of the stove Mother has adopted a pet cat, used cat litter provided that it be wood based, can be burnt in the stove in winter (and composted in summer) thereby reducing waste production.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Biofuels & Biomass All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: