PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conspiracy Theories Part 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ludwig

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodpecker wrote:
For a country apparently so very concerned about high taxes and cutting them, the US sure does seem to be incredibly keen on conducting expensive wars against all and sundry.

The level of cognitive dissonance in the head of the average American is beyond belief.

It's not cognitive dissonance, it's not being very bright Sad |If the newspapers say, "More income tax bad, more foreign wars good", that's what the people will believe. It's not just Americans, it's people the world over.

And remember, people can't form judgments except with the information they're given. The press in America has long toed the Government line on every important issue. The same thing is starting to happen in this country. For example, neither the Guardian nor the Independent, as far as I know, have investigated claims from many sources that the snipers in Syria shooting random civilians are being paid by our governments to destabilise the country and discredit Assad. Now I don't know the truth, but I know that no one in the MSM is investigating it.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludwig wrote:
woodpecker wrote:
For a country apparently so very concerned about high taxes and cutting them, the US sure does seem to be incredibly keen on conducting expensive wars against all and sundry.

The level of cognitive dissonance in the head of the average American is beyond belief.

It's not cognitive dissonance, it's not being very bright Sad |If the newspapers say, "More income tax bad, more foreign wars good", that's what the people will believe. It's not just Americans, it's people the world over.

And remember, people can't form judgments except with the information they're given. The press in America has long toed the Government line on every important issue. The same thing is starting to happen in this country. For example, neither the Guardian nor the Independent, as far as I know, have investigated claims from many sources that the snipers in Syria shooting random civilians are being paid by our governments to destabilise the country and discredit Assad. Now I don't know the truth, but I know that no one in the MSM is investigating it.

As in this?
The human appears to have no idea what its ideal diet should be; has self-inflicted diet-related diseases; causes extensive environmental destruction through basic food production & creates pathogenic infestations that widely infect its food supply.
hodson2k9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludwig wrote:

And remember, people can't form judgments except with the information they're given.

Yes, information (msm and education system) is the PTB's main weapon, imho if we had a benevolent msm, that reported on the problems that we on this forum know about then the majority of the population would accept (not want) the changes that are needed.
Aurora

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax Ludwig.

We're all going to hell in a handcart anyway.

Now is the time to live, love, dream, laugh and sing.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. Very Happy
woodpecker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well whatever you call the new thread, 'conspiracies' or 'paranoia', I do not want *my* totally unrelated post to be the first one that appears at the start of the thread, thank you. Please can you remove it.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Woodpecker, I started it with a lead in and obviously started too soon. Another MOD has removed your post for you already.

It is very, very, very serious indeed. This is the big one!" Professor Tim Lang, APPGOPO, 25/03/08. And he was talking about food, not oil or the economy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: