PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wind farms at least provide some entertainment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biffvernon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Wind farms at least provide some entertainment Reply with quote

Here's an account of a telephone conversation from a friend of mine, James Pocklington:

James wrote:
Just thought I'd share this exchange I had yesterday with an 84 year old Lincolnshire resident.

She tracked me down from the recent publicity we've been getting on radio and press, this is an abbreviated version.

"Hello Mr Pocklington, I think you should know the facts about wind farms around here"

"Ok"

"There's a farmer called Mark Caudwell who's going to make millions if the proposed wind farm goes up"

"Ok is that a problem?"

"Well yes, we have a lovely view open views here it's wrong for someone to make money out of despoiling

our countryside"

"Are you concerned about global warming?"

"Pardon?"

"Global warming"

"Well we don't know what's going on with the weather do we? anyway I'm 84, it's not going to bother me"

"Ok"

"Mr Pocklington have you read Christopher Booker?"

inaudible groan

"He says that ....(wind farms are a scam) etc.etc."

"and another thing they want to buy some of my land to put the cable through for Bicker fen substation"

"Ok"

"They're offering a pittance as compensation"

"Oh"

"We've got beautiful countryside here and they don't want to pay for the upheaval, it's disgraceful"

"Sorry to hear that, how much did you want?"

"Well if they give me a million they can put a wind turbine on it if they like... I'd be a fool not too!"

Joint laughter

"Well thanks for listening to me Mr Pocklington"

"That's ok"

"Pop in when you're passing and have a cup of tea"

"Ok"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Wind Power All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: