PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should John Hemming be banned from Powerswitch
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should John Hemming be banned from Powerswitch?
Yes
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
No
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
Don't Know
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

johnhemming2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenneal - lagger wrote:
He was the founder (?) and chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Peak Oil (APPGOPO) when an MP. He has probably done more than anyone else on this forum to get the concept of Peak Oil before Parliament.

Thank you for this. The fact that I am concerned about long term resource depletion does not mean that I believe that a Lizard conspiracy runs the world.

I have just looked and there is no longer such a group. I don't know where the website has gone as it had some good information on it.
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Johns on this forum are creepy but that's never been a reason for banning anyone from a site.

Having said that, an 'ignore' facility on PS would be very useful because they both spout tons of nonsense. I suppose upgrading the site will cost? It's a while since I contributed anything financial. If money is what's needed, I'll chip in; who else?
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnhemming2 wrote:
....... a Lizard conspiracy runs the world..

Not a bad description for the Kleptocracy that does run it at the moment. And if TPP and TTIP go through it will only get worse.
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:
Both Johns on this forum are creepy but that's never been a reason for banning anyone from a site.

Having said that, an 'ignore' facility on PS would be very useful because they both spout tons of nonsense. I suppose upgrading the site will cost? It's a while since I contributed anything financial. If money is what's needed, I'll chip in; who else?

Depends how much...
emordnilap

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndercoverElephant wrote:
emordnilap wrote:

Depends how much...

Of course. I can't see it being much, if a few dozen chip in.
clv101
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnhemming2 wrote:
kenneal - lagger wrote:
He was the founder (?) and chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Peak Oil (APPGOPO) when an MP. He has probably done more than anyone else on this forum to get the concept of Peak Oil before Parliament.

Thank you for this. The fact that I am concerned about long term resource depletion does not mean that I believe that a Lizard conspiracy runs the world.

I have just looked and there is no longer such a group. I don't know where the website has gone as it had some good information on it.

Absolutely, there should be no question of banning John... and with 83% of vote you can chalk this down as one of your more successful results of late! Smile
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it!!
emordnilap

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still would like to see the forum software upgraded though, so we don't have to read the noisome Johns (I know their posts can still appear if others quote them but).

How do we go about it? I'll contribute.
Little John

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:
Still would like to see the forum software upgraded though, so we don't have to read the noisome Johns (I know their posts can still appear if others quote them but).

How do we go about it? I'll contribute.
So would I
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Suggestion Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: