PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jihad Watch
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AutomaticEarth



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 823

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Jihad Watch Reply with quote

This is a thread to discuss all things related to Jihad........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam2
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 7150
Location: North Somerset

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep on topic and reasonably polite. Personal insults and quotes thereof and replies thereto will be deleted without notice.
Factual reports are fine, including quotes from news sites etc.
Comments on such reports are fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AutomaticEarth



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 823

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting....


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35807689
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Little John



Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 6785
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hazard a guess that talks between Russia and the USA have established a new realism on the part of the Yanks, if only for the moment. That is to say, the Russians have conclusively demonstrated not only their willingness but also their success in putting a stop to the Yank's plan to topple Assad, destabilise Syria and reduce it to a basket case the same as has happened in Iraq, Libya and others. In return for no more silly-buggers by the Yanks, the Russians are partially withdrawing.

We shall have to see if this new "understanding" holds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
AutomaticEarth



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 823

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little John wrote:
I would hazard a guess that talks between Russia and the USA have established a new realism on the part of the Yanks, if only for the moment. That is to say, the Russians have conclusively demonstrated not only their willingness but also their success in putting a stop to the Yank's plan to topple Assad, destabilise Syria and reduce it to a basket case the same as has happened in Iraq, Libya and others. In return for no more silly-buggers by the Yanks, the Russians are partially withdrawing.

We shall have to see if this new "understanding" holds.


That's a fair assessment. Let's see how this unfolds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonny2mad



Joined: 24 Nov 2005
Posts: 2449
Location: weston super mare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pamelageller.com/2016/03/war-in-the-streets-muslim-fighters-shoot-it-out-with-police-in-brussels.html/
_________________
"What causes more suffering in the world than the stupidity of the compassionate?"Friedrich Nietzsche

optimism is cowardice oswald spengler
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 11123
Location: Newbury, Berkshire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could there have been talks between Russia and the Saudis? Will we see a production reduction in Saudi to raise the oil price to something nearer what both nations need to survive? We will see in the next few weeks.
_________________
Action is the antidote to despair - Joan Baez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
AutomaticEarth



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 823

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biffvernon wrote:
The caption starts "Britain First held a peaceful protest..." That's an oxymoron.

I notice that The Royal College of Physicians said, "Each year in the UK, around 40,000 deaths are attributable to exposure to outdoor air pollution".
There was one death attributable to terrorism/Jihad in May 2013. https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/projects/outputs/every-breath-we-take-lifelong-impact-air-pollution

Perspectives.


I think Britain First's idea of peaceful protest is the lack of punches being thrown.... Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vtsnowedin



Joined: 07 Jan 2011
Posts: 5223
Location: New England ,Chelsea Vermont

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutomaticEarth wrote:
biffvernon wrote:
The caption starts "Britain First held a peaceful protest..." That's an oxymoron.

I notice that The Royal College of Physicians said, "Each year in the UK, around 40,000 deaths are attributable to exposure to outdoor air pollution".
There was one death attributable to terrorism/Jihad in May 2013. https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/projects/outputs/every-breath-we-take-lifelong-impact-air-pollution

Perspectives.


I think Britain First's idea of peaceful protest is the lack of punches being thrown.... Cool

I don't know, if I were a bystander observing having no punches, or tomatoes, or bricks thrown would work for me. Yelling is just noise, it's the Molotov cocktails etc. that send people to the ER.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AutomaticEarth



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 823

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasts reported in Brussels:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-35869266
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam2
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 7150
Location: North Somerset

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest reports suggest three bombs in total.
Two in close succession in the airport, and a third one in the last few minutes at a metro station.

All metro, bus and tram services suspended until further notice.

Death toll estimated at 15, but this may be revised.
_________________
"Installers and owners of emergency diesels must assume that they will have to run for a week or more"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam2
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 7150
Location: North Somerset

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latest reports suggest a PROVISIONAL death toll of 28, 13 at the airport and 15 on the metro.
Public transport suspended, Eurostar services to/from Brussels cancelled.
Troops guarding Belgian borders and key buildings.
EU meetings cancelled and buildings closed to visitors.
_________________
"Installers and owners of emergency diesels must assume that they will have to run for a week or more"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 11123
Location: Newbury, Berkshire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our pro migrant "friends" have been suggesting that Turkey is not a "safe place" to which to return migrants under UN regulations because its capital, Ankara, is being bombed. Does this not also make the EU an equally "unsafe" place because its capital is being bombed?
_________________
Action is the antidote to despair - Joan Baez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
AutomaticEarth



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 823

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenneal - lagger wrote:
Our pro migrant "friends" have been suggesting that Turkey is not a "safe place" to which to return migrants under UN regulations because its capital, Ankara, is being bombed. Does this not also make the EU an equally "unsafe" place because its capital is being bombed?


Exactly. The mind does boggle doesn't it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AutomaticEarth



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 823

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately, I mainly work at home these days. That always helps....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group