PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solar installation prices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biffvernon

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly profiting from the FIT payments. Ignoring the depreciation of the equipment, I'm getting an 11% return on capital investment. And the RHI payments for my ground source heat pump give an even bigger profit.

I would have preferred, and have often argued, that there should be no subsidies for any renewables but only when there are no subsidies for fossil fuel burning. That means the the fossil fuel industry should cease to externalise the costs of its environment damage. The price of global warming should be added to the price of fossil fuel.

The scandal of a few people who happen to have a south facing roof and the unfair opportunity to game the system is nothing compared to the scandal of the fossil fuel industry and all who sail with her who have placed the whole of humanity in mortal peril.

Last edited by biffvernon on Mon May 09, 2016 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Solar Power All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: