PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Ayrshire

View previous topic :: View next topic  
enso

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Hello from Ayrshire Reply with quote

Not much happening in the Scotland by the looks of it.

Anyone north of the border please feel free to pm me if anything's in the pipeline.
simonrichards912

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from Aberdeenshire. I not active on the peak oil scene, other than keeping a watch on developments and trying to adjust for a post peak future.

Regards

Simon Richards
enso

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,

If you're ever in Glasgow, pm me so we can meet up for a PO chinwag. Not sure that I'll be up your way anytime soon.

While I remember - Jane, if you check this thread, did you alight from the Glasgow to Largs train at 6pm in Saltcoats today? Someone bearing more than a passing resemblance to your piccy in the "Faces of PO" thread did.

Probably not you, but I got home to find an email telling me to use the regional forum part of powerswitch. So I suggest that we should have a monthly SW Scotland get together if there are enough of us. In the pub obviously. Is there anyone else out there to bolster our numbers in these parts beyond two?
Joe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're north of the border it might be worth getting in touch with Depletion Scotland.
Jane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Enso,

Nope, not me coming off that train. Get your pic on that post, then I can look out for you in sunny ayrshire Smile i cycled to Portencross the other day though (and back again!) was quite impressed with myself Wink

I'm up for a meet up, if I'm about, I'm down in London for a few weeks but we can arrange something soon. Any other Scottish PO peeps out there willing to meet? SimonRichards- much going on up your way?

Joe- Thanks, I'm in the Yahoo group for Depletion Scotland but there don't seem to be many meet ups going on just now.
bigjim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided that I love south west Scotland and border country. If you've got any meets going on let me know and I may be able to turn up and make a good weekend out of it. It'd be especially great if it's in Dumfries or something, or even Carlisle Confused
revdode

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm another Scot. currently living in Falkirk. I'd be inerested in a meet up anywhere I can easily get to. I'm off to the Fife Earthship this weekend for one of a what I hope will be a series of Micro Renewables workshops.
I've been in touch with my local FOE and with my local council and there does seem to be a growing awareness of PO issues even in unexpected places.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
AndySir

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also me poking about in Glasgow. Also not greatly active, despite Depletion Scotland's proclamation that I was a local Rob Newman (I am a stand-up but tend to avoid PO & related subjects on the grounds of lack of skill to tackle such a subject in a funny way).

But yes, if anyone more organised than myself needs another body - give me a PM or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Scotland All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: