PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

David Fleming's posthumous books making waves!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaun Chamberlin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: David Fleming's posthumous books making waves! Reply with quote

Snippets from the glowing reviews of Fleming's posthumous books:

"Compelling in ways you do not expect ... I'm a sucker for beautiful books, and Lean Logic is a beautiful book ... The Lean Economy is exactly what we need. I couldn't be more certain of anything ... Garnering all sorts of critical plaudits ... Eminently readable ... utterly brilliant ... A complete masterpiece. Kept me up in the night for a week ... Beauty and truth by master of convivial economics David Fleming ... a place I can duck into now and again, to re-find hope ... I'm something of a cynic, and yet even I feel a fresh sort of excitement coming off of these ideas ... quite astounding."

Video of the books discussed by Rob Hopkins, Jonathon Porritt, Shaun Chamberlin, the full reviews, as well as new footage of Fleming himself, all available here.

emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the YouTube video of him at his 2006 Schumacher College Earth Talk. We've lost a great man, full of great ideas clearly and simply explained, lovely person too.

The video could have been twice as long for me.
Shaun Chamberlin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lean Logic named in the Times Higher Education Books of the Year 2016, among many many other glowing reviews, still pouring in Very Happy

And for emordnilap, more footage of David available here.

It looks as though his work is finally having the impact he hoped.
Shaun Chamberlin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My interview with Chris Martenson (Crash Course/Peak Prosperity) just went live:
https://www.peakprosperity.com/podcast/105614/shaun-chamberlin-surviving-aftermath-market-economy

And I'll be leading a week-long course on David Fleming's work at Schumacher College next month:
https://www.schumachercollege.org.uk/courses/short-courses/community-place-and-play

Hopefully see some of you there
Shaun Chamberlin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here for a summary of the latest exciting developments around David Fleming's books - including a forthcoming piece in The Guardian, a possible film, U.S. symposia, footage of Jonathon Porritt at Oxford University and, er, David Fleming's starchart!!

Also includes snippets from latest reviews:

"It's incredible ... I've never read anything like it ... Exceeded my expectations in just about every way possible ... One of Britain's most visionary thinkers ... Unconventional and captivating reading, written with such charm and levity ... A tour de force ... One of the most enthralling books I've read in a very long time ... A genuinely original thinker ... I can't rate this book highly enough ... Possibly the best non-fiction book I've ever read"

[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> TEQs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: