PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Kalashnikov Electric Car

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BritDownUnder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: A Kalashnikov Electric Car Reply with quote

The Grauniad had this story today. It had me checking it was not April Fools Day.

Quote:
The Russian arms maker Kalashnikov has unveiled its new electric car, inspired by a rare 1970s model, saying the technology will rival Elon Musk’s Tesla.

The brand, best known for the AK-47 machine gun, on Thursday presented the retro-looking pale blue prototype, the CV-1, at a defence expo outside Moscow.

The look was inspired by a Soviet hatchback model developed in the 1970s called “Izh-Kombi”, according to a statement on the Kalashnikov website.

Its holding company, Kalashnikov Concern, said it had developed cutting-edge elements for the “electric supercar”, including a “revolutionary” inverter. The vehicle can travel 217 miles (350km) on one charge.

Little John

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what. It had me thinking it was an Aril fool's day joke as well. Especially the other story about their bipedal star wars "walker".

As for the car, I like the look of it. It looks like an old Lada Riva. The only car, I ever bought brand new.
BritDownUnder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see the 'walker' as well.

I would call the car's style 'Soviet Retro'.
Not sure what the Russians think of it. I have only been to Russia once and you would not have seen this style of car in Moscow, only modern 'Western' cars. Outside of Moscow you would have only seen cars like this.
The only place in the world I have seen 80 octane fuel on sale.

Very interesting place Russia.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They obviously see their market as Putin supporters rather than the Moscow glitteratti.
BritDownUnder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I note it has two windscreen wipers. From memory some Ladas had only one for the drivers side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Transport All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: