PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

boycott Israel, buycott Palestine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:
It seems that every week there's yet another huge kick in the Palestinians' teeth by Trump's regime or his buddies in Israel.

Ahem.

Quote:
Erdan cited the need for civilians to respond to "terror attacks" as the reason behind the change.

Quote:
With the weakening of the law, it is estimated 200,000 more settlers will now carry arms.

kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facilitating the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians. The victims of the Holocaust are now perpetrating one themselves. They've already had a go at the Gaza ghetto!
woodburner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s not trump, he’s just a dumb player. The push is coming from Netanyahoo (hope that is annoying) who is brown nosed by trump’s son-in-law, Kushner (and my local MP who is a “Friend of Israel”.)
emordnilap

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The pressure sharpened last week when $25m in aid was blocked to hospitals in East Jerusalem that provide a lifeline to Palestinians from Gaza and the West Bank, whose health services have withered under a belligerent Israeli occupation.

Then at the weekend, the US revealed it would no longer hand over $10m to peace groups fostering ties between Israelis and Palestinians.

The only significant transfer the US still makes is $60m annually to the Palestinian security services, which effectively enforce the occupation on Israel’s behalf. In short, that money benefits Israel, not the Palestinians.

At the same time, the Trump administration revoked the US visa of the Palestinian ambassador to Washington, Husam Zomlot, shortly after shuttering his diplomatic mission. The Palestinians have been cast fully out into the cold.

Source
emordnilap

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, Israel is always given a free ride by the corporate media.

Quote:
A key 'mainstream' media theme in covering the Israeli army's repeated massacres of unarmed, non-violent Palestinian civilians protesting Israel's military occupation in Gaza – killing journalists, a paramedic, the elderly and children – has been the description of these crimes as 'clashes'.

This has been a clear attempt to obfuscate the fact that while two groups of people are involved, only one group is being killed and wounded.

Quote:
To the casual reader – and many readers do not venture beyond the headlines – a 'clash' suggests that both sides are armed, with both suffering casualties. One would not, for example, describe a firing squad as a 'clash'.

So, actually, it might be said that Iran was retaliating to Israeli attacks – a more reasonable interpretation, given recent history also described by the New York Times: 'Israel has conducted scores of strikes on Iran and its allies inside Syria, rarely acknowledging them publicly.'

Nevertheless, the corporate media theme has been that Israel retaliated, part of a long-term trend in media coverage

Source
emordnilap

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More from the same source:

Israel Is The Real Problem

Fascinating piece which only affirms what we already knew - that Israel's 'victim' status is manufactured, akin to typical advertising campaigns for unnecessary products.

That they can afford such a campaign is due to sucking on the USA's tits.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaza protests: All the latest updates

Quote:
A Palestinian was killed by an Israeli sniper and dozens of others were wounded during ongoing protests at the border fence.

Karim Mohammed Kallab, 25, died after being shot in the stomach during protests east of Gaza City. More than 300 other people were wounded, including 54 shot with live ammunition, health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra said.

kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could say from that article that "The armed forces shot at and killed demonstrators in the Ghetto last week." Only these armed forces weren't Nazis they were Zionists. There was little protest then, although the details weren't quite to readily available during a war, and there is little protest now from the rest of the world.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh-oh. Here comes another massacre.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Zionist/ Israeli ethnic cleansing on the way and the world will do nothing because they don't want to upset the co-religionists of the Israelis back home. This is where the criticism gets somewhere near racial, unfortunately, because the whole community, worldwide, is very close.

If we have anyone affected by this conversation on this board I would welcome a conversation, hopefully friendly, on the matter.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I come across as pro-this or anti-that, I'm neither. I couldn't give a shit where you're from.

I am for ordinary persons, except those who harm others.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palestinians will love this. Not.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US now trumpets that the state of Palestine is not a state.

Quote:
The US is not the only country to deny acknowledgment of Palestine as a state. Its Western European allies also refrain from doing so, along with Australia and Canada. However, most countries in South America, Asia, and Africa do, along with the majority of Eastern Europe.

The US regime is the main mover behind the genocide of a people.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:
..........The US regime is the main mover behind the genocide of a people.

Unfortunately, you also have to ask who is behind the direction of US policy in the Middle East. There is a rather large and influential religious lobby pushing the US in a certain direction.

And that same lobby has a disproportionate effect on UK policy too. Ask Jeremy Corbyn among others!! The recent Corbyn debacle won't have been lost on other political parties.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenneal - lagger wrote:
The recent Corbyn debacle won't have been lost on other political parties.

Sad but true. This additional 'genocide by stealth' is scarily successful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: