PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Russia Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stumuz1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automaton wrote:
It was inevitable that you would come to Powerswitch with this, because that's what trolls do.

Another misinformed utterance.

I have been a member of powerswitch since 2005. The purpose of powerswitch was to game and discuss peak oil and the concomitant limits to growth. These early discussions formed my view of the world and my preparations for the future.

The result has been most of the economic turmoil since 2008 has passed me by. Not because of any advanced knowledge on my part, but because of the detailed debate had with the original members of this forum.

For example I live in a large farmhouse in the middle of nowhere. My annual energy bills are £700-750 per year. Well below that of the average two bedroom modern home.

My 300 litre heat store is receiving free heat from solar thermal and wind.

Thank you powerswitch. So less of the troll nonsense.

Automaton wrote:
But ok... you want to provoke a response

I don't want to provoke a response. It seems clear to me (you are perfectly entitled to a contrary opinion) that a chemical weapons attack has been committed in salisbury.

We have evidence, dead body, seriously injured police, seriously injured street person, a spy and his daughter on life support for a long period. Police cars and ambulances buried whole because the chemical weapon is so heinous it cannot be deactivated.

Now you, little john, and fuzzy have decided you do not believe it, and further you are the final arbiters of truth, a fortiori, anyone who disagrees with your opinions are subject to abuse. Good for you.

However, if you had been round this forum 10-15 years ago you would know that geopolitical positioning was well prophesied.

The land export model, Hirsch report was debated at length many years ago on this forum. What is happening in Yemen, Middle east, EU, Russia, USA was foreseen.

Some of us took notice.
Automaton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumuz1 wrote:

I have been a member of powerswitch since 2005. The purpose of powerswitch was to game and discuss peak oil and the concomitant limits to growth. These early discussions formed my view of the world and my preparations for the future.

The result has been most of the economic turmoil since 2008 has passed me by. Not because of any advanced knowledge on my part, but because of the detailed debate had with the original members of this forum.

For example I live in a large farmhouse in the middle of nowhere. My annual energy bills are £700-750 per year. Well below that of the average two bedroom modern home.

My 300 litre heat store is receiving free heat from solar thermal and wind.

Thank you powerswitch. So less of the troll nonsense.

Well that's all delightful, and good for you; but it's completely irrelevant to the discussion here. But how about this: you stop making troll-like comments, and I'll stop calling you a troll. Deal?

stumuz1 wrote:
We have evidence, dead body, seriously injured police, seriously injured street person, a spy and his daughter on life support for a long period. Police cars and ambulances buried whole because the chemical weapon is so heinous it cannot be deactivated.

Those things are evidence that something happened, yes (except for the 'cannot be deactivated' bit, which is obviously untrue). But there is no evidence it was the Russians; that's what I'm saying. I can't speak for others but I will say that I want to see the evidence if there is evidence, and not simply be expected to believe the lies and hearsay. Given what you've said about learning about Peak oil on this forum, I'd think you'd understand this perspective: remember the lies and hearsay presented at the time to stop people learning the truth about peak oil? That was certainly part of my education about how things really work.
I find it sad to see people avoid the truth, but this conversation is at least reminding me of why I was trying not to post, or even come here, so often. (note to self: must try harder).
Catweazle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a completely unrelated note, did anyone notice that famous paranoid schizophrenic Philp K Dick is being studied by political scientists ? It seems that some of his delusions about the future were remarkably accurate. Pure coincidence, I'm sure.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automaton wrote:
..... But how about this: you stop making troll-like comments, and I'll stop calling you a troll. Deal?

Automaton and LJ, your comments are just as unproven and troll-like as any that Stumuz has written. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't make his statements untrue or troll-like.

Because you can't find any more arguments to counter his bringing out the "troll" epithet just shows your lack of any further original thought. It's like calling a Brexit supporter a racist when you run out of anything else to say to counter a logical argument.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all lies as well I presume.
Little John

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't yet understood that the mainstream media has become little more than a bulletin board for whatever ludicrous bullshit our political class wish to foist on us by now Ken, you never will.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you believe them when it suits you, LJ.
Automaton

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenneal - lagger wrote:

Automaton and LJ, your comments are just as unproven and troll-like as any that Stumuz has written. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't make his statements untrue or troll-like.

No, they're really not the same at all kenneal; his statements often are untrue, and certainly unproven. I'm pointing out that this is so, in the hope that people will think for themselves rather than simply accept them.

kenneal - lagger wrote:
This is all lies as well I presume.

If you think I'm saying that everything in the press is all lies, then either I'm writing in a language foreign to you, or you're not actually reading my comments properly.

Meanwhile you post a link to an article that provides nothing new and provocatively say 'this is all lies as well I presume'. You're lashing out to try to wind us up, but what do you think that article actually is kenneal? All true?

You, like Stumuz1, seem to accept anything you hear that's anti-Russian at face-value, no critical thinking required. Why is that? And why does it bother you so much when someone points out that things might not be quite as they seem?
stumuz1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automaton wrote:
kenneal - lagger wrote:

No, they're really not the same at all kenneal; his statements often are untrue, and certainly unproven. I'm pointing out that this is so, in the hope that people will think for themselves rather than simply accept them.

Automaton, which statements are untrue?

A chemical weapons attack has occurred?

This has killed someone?

This has seriously injured people?

Ambulances and police cars have been buried whole?

Which statement is " often untrue"?
stumuz1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wish to visit the landfill site where the ambulances and police cars are buried whole.

Wingmoor Farm HRC
Half mile west of Bishop's Cleeve on the road to Stoke Orchard
Bishop's Cleeve
Nr Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
GL52 7RS
Automaton

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumuz1 wrote:

Automaton, which statements are untrue?

I have repeatedly identified untrue statements you've made; I suggest you might like to re-read previous posts.

Are you aware that at no time, not once, have I said the ambulances etc. were not buried? It's curious that you're so fixated on this point, when it proves absolutely nothing. But we've been over that before too, so I think I'm done commenting on this nonsense.
stumuz1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just re-read.

Cannot find any untrue statements.

Care to point them out?
fuzzy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are confident the stuff is buried near Cheltenham, how about some inside knowledge about why it was shipped there? There are plenty of military chemical dumps around the UK that we are not supposed to know about, usually full of mustard gas, lewisite etc. Taking it to GCHQ just suggests to me that the whole event is a spook made farce.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzy wrote:
.... Taking it to GCHQ just suggests to me that the whole event is a spook made farce.

Who said anything about GCHQ?
stumuz1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzy wrote:
If you are confident the stuff is buried near Cheltenham, how about some inside knowledge about why it was shipped there?

I'm not confident the stuff is buried near Cheltenham. I Know the stuff is buried near Cheltenham!

Why? Direct your questions to HM government.

fuzzy wrote:
There are plenty of military chemical dumps around the UK that we are not supposed to know about,

That's interesting, could you name a couple that we are not supposed to know about?

fuzzy wrote:
Taking it to GCHQ just suggests to me that the whole event is a spook made farce.

Ahh, I see the mistake you have made. Bishops Cleeve is many miles away from Cheltenham.

GCHQ is on the outskirts of Cheltenham. It is a rather large doughnut shaped building which has a famous bankski mural on the side of near by house.

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-04-14/banksy-spying-artwork-appears-in-cheltenham-close-to-gchq/

Fuzzy, digging a giant whole in the middle of GCHQ would play havoc with their meta data harvesting abilities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 39 of 40

Jump to: