PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

boycott Israel, buycott Palestine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genocide: getting there.

Quote:
Israel fears that the passing of refugee status from parents to children could threaten the country's so-called "Jewish character", as Palestinians claim the right of return to their ancestral homeland.

kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Israeli ethnic cleansing in action! And the world lets them get on with it because of the economic power of their co-religionists throughout the world. I'm not anti-Jewish, my great grandfather was Jewish, but I am embarrassed and angered by the actions of the Zionist State while hiding behind the horrors of the Holocaust and using it as a justification for stealing land to provide themselves with a homeland.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"there is no way to behave ethically in the occupied territories"

Quote:
“Every day the job is to inflict collective punishment. We were told explicitly that we were waging psychological war, that we were there to intimidate them.

“In the middle of the night we raided families’ homes, chosen randomly, waking up frightened children. We violently broke up Palestinian protests. I arrested Palestinians every day to ‘dry them out’ – to teach them a lesson, to make them understand who is boss.”

Yet in Israel, the military is regarded as an almost sacred institution. Breaking the Silence casts a long, dark shadow over claims that Israel’s is the most moral army in the world.

Wha? No doubt this is what German soldiers were told.
fuzzy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a cousin that grew up in Israel and I don't see that. They have national service for 'sensible' reasons historically but like all long term institutions it just ends up wrong. Obviously the military adventures are disgusting and also their land grabs from neighbours. The military service is not revered by families, it's something to draft dodge. Middle class kids often go overseas and the religious nuts get a free pass, so there is no shortage joining their ranks.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:
"there is no way to behave ethically in the occupied territories"...

More evidence of Israeli ethnic cleansing.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haley won't be missed by Palestinians

Quote:
the unresolved occupation of Palestine would have not been a recurring issue at the UN if it were not for the blind and unconditional US support of Israel

kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:
Haley won't be missed by Palestinians

Quote:
the unresolved occupation of Palestine would have not been a recurring issue at the UN if it were not for the blind and unconditional US support of Israel

That's driven by a very affluent religious lobby which has a financial interest in the both political parties. It's a classic example of The Prostitute State in action; only in the US it's on steroids!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: