PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ecological Buddhist Retreat Centre in Southern France

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thedharmahouse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Ecological Buddhist Retreat Centre in Southern France Reply with quote

Hello,

We are the Dharmahouse community project - a small community, drawing inspiration from the teachings of the Buddha and the ideal of living and connecting with others close to nature. It is our aim to explore a way of life centred around ecological and sustainable ethics, placing an emphasis on integrating mindful awareness into daily activities.

The Dharmahouse is based in the foothills of the C?vennes mountain range overlooking the C?ze River in the south of France, surrounded by national park and majestic views. The property is located on a hilltop in eight acres of farm land encompassing a variety of plants, herbs and trees. The community is active in growing food in our gardens and structuring the land with permacultural ideas and designs.

This year we are running courses in Solar Energy, Permaculture, Loving-Kindness Meditation, Insight Meditation, Yoga, and Deep Ecology. See our website for more details!

We also welcome visitors, both short and long-term. Our longer-term aim is to set up a Buddhist co-housing village, for which we will be having a gathering in August to discuss possibilities with anyone interested in participating. We hope to connect with like-minded people from all over the world, so feel free to send us a message!

You can learn more about our project and the courses at our website:

http://www.thedharmahouse.com.

Thanks,

The Dharma House

Tess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful project! And stunning landscape! Congratulations in chasing your dreams Wink and thankyou for choosing to post on powerswitch. I hope you'll return and contribute to our threads, especially on permaculture and veggie growing.

I also hope you'll (re)start updating your blog on the website as I'd love to read more of your challenges and observations.

I'm an admirer of lay buddhist communities, particularly the rural ones. I think the combination of compassionate spirituality with respectful love and understanding for the land is a strong model for sustainable communities.
thedharmahouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tess,

Thank you for your nice message and words of encouragement! Very Happy

Yes, we plan to start updating our blog in the near future... we've been very busy lately weeding and seeding!

Keep us in mind and consider coming down for a visit sometime! We love meeting up with like-minded people.

Take care,

The Dharma House
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> International All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: