PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is PV ebay supplier 'FREE SOLAR ENERGY UK' any good?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vortex

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Is PV ebay supplier 'FREE SOLAR ENERGY UK' any good? Reply with quote

Are these people any good?

How do their prices stack up?

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FREE-SOLAR-ENERGY-UK-and-EU
G4IJL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Good PV solar power providers. Reply with quote

I have bought two photo voltiac solar panels. The first one I smashed (dropped it, its made of glass, think glazing unit).

The panel power output is measured at peak voltage (around 20 - 21 volts)

You need to convert the voltage to around 13.8 volts (Car or Automobile stuff) to use the solar panels. There are various regulators of various types to do this job.

You need a battery to store the energy, ie Caravan/trailer leasure battery.

I have dealt with URL . . .

http://www.solartechnology.co.uk/default.asp

The cost of maintaining a five watt constant load has left me a bill for ?650. That is 650 UKP. Sadly a five watt load is a large torch or flashlamp. Expensive! My lap top can be used only for a couple of hours a day if it is sunny (power drain about 8 amps at 12 volts note 3 loads, cable modem and router as well as lap top)

Essentially this means small loads for long times or large loads for short duration.

Sorry about the long babble, but going "off grid" means expensive bills for construction. Once built its free for about five years untill the battery fails (One UKP per Ampere hour is around the battery coast)

Yours
G4IJL
www.qrz.com/g4ijl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Solar Power All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: