PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[PV post] Nuclear EPR deficit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PVPoster1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOUND IT!

CLICK HERE
PVPoster1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes, England isn't blessed with the same kind of stable bedrock we have in Sweden. The so-called Fennoscandic Shield" (or something like that) is one of the most stable rock formations in the world. We have no problem with storing our waste down in the bedrock. If you can't find any good spots in England we would love to take your waste (for a small fee... Wink).

What about supervising the waste for thousands of years? Obviously it is impossible. That is why we put it in sealed tunnels in sealed cannisters deep down - so we don't need keep check of it all the time.

I haven't read all of the http://www.oprit.rug.nl/deenen/Nuclear_sustainability_rev3.PDF but i can guarantee that most things they state are wrong. Some basic factual errors are their claim that nuclear plants do not operate for more than 24 years and such like.

They also claim that nuclear power release as much co2 as coal or gas does which is obvoiusly silly. Which process release most co2?

a) Excavating HUGE amounts of coal from a mine then transporting it to a plant where it is burnt.

or

b) Excavating tiny amounts of uranium from a mine then transporting it to a plant where it is NOT burnt.

Sure nuclear power releases some co2 but it is on par with wind power.

For other Peak Oil discussions on nuclear power see
http://www.peakoil.com/fortopic4049.html

End of PV posts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Nuclear Power All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: