PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Portuguese Peak Oilers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foleypt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Portuguese Peak Oilers Reply with quote

As I also live in Portugal and lads has been trying to organise people there, I thought I'd start a thread for portuguese Peak Oilers.

I'm Irish but the sea of life has washed me up on Portuguese shores.

I can just about carry on a conversation in Portuguese, if you forgive in advance the abuse I will carry out on your language.

It would be nice to meet up with outer peak oilers here, I live in Aveiro.
lads

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Peak Oil in Portuguese Reply with quote

Hi.

I'm Lu?s.

Here's my website on Peak Oil, in Portuguese: http://www.picodopetroleo.net

There's also a blog in protuguese: http://peakoilportuguese.blogspot.com/

See yee.
lads

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: November 24th Reply with quote

Hey Foley.

We are preparing a mail broadcast in November 24th, we already have a powerpoint presentation to send. The idea is quite simply, every peakoil just e-mail is friends tellig them about Peak Oil.

Do you know anyone in Ireland that could participate?
Bandidoz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ola povos

Any news on the Pelamis installation?

http://renewableenergyaccess.com/rea/news/story?id=30275
Foleypt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Hi Lu?s. Reply with quote

I think I'd be more use alerting people in Portugal, I don't get home much these days and Ireland probably has a larger community of peak oilers then Portugal.
Portugal has in general quite a low awareness when it comes to environmental or energy issues, so ther is a lot of work to do!

I have some reservations as to the usefulness of an email campaign, a lot of rubbish gets circulated around and people tend to get a bit cynical of what arrives in their email boxes. As an IT professional who has spent alot of time telling people not to circulate on emails I'd find myself in an odd situation now recommending they do so Smile perhaps that would make the message more effective?

I would be very interested in seeing (or helping with) the powerpoint presentation you mentioned.. it might be interesting if we can make a flash version of it so it can be hosted on a website and a url shared around.

I am starting to get involved with Quercus here in Aveiro and was looking for resources to help explain peak oil to them in Portuguese, so thank you for the links to your site it is useful

David
Foleypt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandidoz wrote:
Ola povos

http://renewableenergyaccess.com/rea/news/story?id=30275

That is very interesting and encouraging, I haddn't heard about it!

I am going to a conference on renewable energy in Lisbon on friday

http://quercus.sensocomum.pt/pages/defaultArticleViewOne.asp?storyID=1381

perhaps I can ask some questions about it then?
DamianB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Lu?s. Reply with quote

Foleypt wrote:
I would be very interested in seeing (or helping with) the powerpoint presentation you mentioned.. it might be interesting if we can make a flash version of it so it can be hosted on a website and a url shared around.

I am starting to get involved with Quercus here in Aveiro and was looking for resources to help explain peak oil to them in Portuguese, so thank you for the links to your site it is useful

David

How about translating this into Portugese?
DamianB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Lu?s. Reply with quote

Foleypt wrote:

David

How about translating this into Portugese?
lads

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The news is no news. Comissionning will start only in 2006, and the media around here are more interested in Cristiano Ronaldo and Jos? Mourinho.

The really big news are these:

http://www.thewatt.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=915&mode=nested&order=1&thold=-1

http://newsfromrussia.com/world/2005/10/26/66262.html

Another solar farm of 115 MW was planed by a bunch of German investors to be built also in Alentejo, one of the poorest regions of the EU. Oddly the portuguese government stopped that project.
Luís_Rocha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Hi Foley. Reply with quote

Hi there!

My name is Lu?s Rocha, not the same Lu?s of the portuguese website, I'm the portuguese blogger.

I think this idea of geting the powerpoint into flash version is very good.

Well, see you around!
Luís_Rocha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, mr Foley tell me about the flash when it's ready. I was the one who translated the powerpoint document and I'd like to know.

I hope you the best luck in spreading awareness on peak oil. Please share the good news when you achive some more eyes opened in Portugal.

I would be glad to listen to some news like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> International All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: