PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oil prices lowered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> East Anglia & The Midlands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mick98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Oil prices lowered Reply with quote

Hi all, most of the topics here seem to be old, so I thought I would begin a new one.

The oil prices over the summer months of last year were terrible, thank goodness they have come down to a reasonable level now.

I am sure though it won't be too long before they shoot right back up though, probably when summer of this year comes around and we use our cars for pleasure again.
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mick and welcome.

Am I right in thinking that the oil price is much more volatile these days? The ticker at the bottom of the page is constantly changing by what would be, in the 'old days', quite large percentages, I'm thinking.

Maybe I'm wrong there - did the oil price always jump up and down by a significant percentage? It's now up at around $46, quite a bit higher.
clv101
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spotted - the percentage volatility is higher than it's ever been atm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> East Anglia & The Midlands All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: