PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BNP
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: BNP Reply with quote

...seem to be ahead of the other parties on peak oil:

http://www.bnp.org.uk/peakoil/index.htm

Apart from the greens of course.

Not quite sure what to make of that. I'm not exactly a BNP voter, but credit where its due...

Quote:

The BNP is making peak oil a high profile issue for a number of reasons.

1. The press have portrayed the BNP membership as knuckle draggers, poorly educated, unsuccessful losers who blame minority groups such as blacks/asians/gays/communists (delete as appropriate) for their situation. The fact that our current Chairman, Nick Griffin received a degree from Cambridge University and that more than two-thirds of the Advisory Council have university degrees seems to have missed the assorted hacks, editors and broadcasters who rail against us. We are a party of clever, resourceful and deeply motivated and committed individuals.

We have to work harder than our political opponents to convey the reality that the BNP is made up of thoroughly decent Britons who have a great deal of combined grey matter, are highly resourceful, successful people in their own lives and that we can be trusted to generate some stunning policy ideas to regenerate this country and demonstrate responsible leadership on this and other issues.

2. We are the only political party making this an issue at the moment. We are leaders in this issue just as we have been the ones leading the debate on immigration and asylum. It is because the BNP exists and because the BNP has been seen to win votes from Labour because of our tough stand on immigration and asylum that Labour are now trying to be seen to be tough on asylum, even to the extent this month of ensuring the high profile deportations of distressed asylum seekers back to the murderous hands of Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe. When we were talking about immigration, 15 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago we were ignored, pilloried and condemned. We still are polloried and condemned but not ignored. Immigration is high on the list of voters' concerns and the other parties are now playing "catch up" to the BNP.

3. We are not a single-issue party. While immigration and asylum are important issues, we have no desire to be seen only as the "anti-immigration" pressure group. The BNP has a serious mission to undertake - we have to secure political power in this country within the next 40 years otherwise there will not be a Britain. We must have policies that will work, policies that will cover every aspect of human activity and the complex society that we will be running. We need to find, recruit, train and assist spokesmen and women to develop, to refine and to disseminate these policies on health, education, energy, transport, governance, law and order as well as immigration, Europe, and defence.

4. When the BNP does win political power Peak Oil will not be something that we can postpone. It will be happening at the very time that we come to power. In fact it may well be an important catalyst that helps us to win political power because we are the ones talking about it now, the voters might not like us pointing out that the wolf is approaching the chicken coop but they will identify us as the ones who kept speaking about it back in 2005, bringing it to their awareness and understanding.

Voters take to new ideas, even radically new ideas when the system that they have trusted, worked with, admired and felt comfortable with falls apart. We are going to make a lot of noise about Peak Oil because it is yet another example of how the current political process has failed the people of this country, how the short-sightedness of most of our corrupt, incompetent and downright traitorous politicians is very shortly going to create one awful mess and we rightly identify those individuals, those systems, those institutions that have been responsible for that collapse.
bigjim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not giving any credit to these amoeba. They've obviously spotted a realistic way that unrest could happen in the not too distant future and naturally, want to exploit it to gain power.

I'd sooner tear my own kidneys out than vote for this lot!
biffvernon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: BNP Reply with quote

UndercoverElephant wrote:
I'm not exactly a BNP voter, but credit where its due...

They are due no credit whatsoever and sholud not be fed the oxygen of publicity. If I was running this board I would remove this thread.
DominicJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are they due no credit?
Andy_K

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always strikes me as deeply ironic that the majority of the people here instantly dismiss the BNP as a mindless bunch of racist xenophobes, then turn around and believe the general public should take PO seriously, rather than similarly labelling Peak Oilers as a bunch of pessimistic doom-mongering cultists and dismissing them...
biffvernon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course they are bunch of racist xenophobes. If only they were mindless, but that's what makes them so dangerous.
careful_eugene

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we really need this debate again?
biffvernon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: BNP Reply with quote

biffvernon wrote:
If I was running this board I would remove this thread.
caspian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: BNP Reply with quote

biffvernon wrote:

They are due no credit whatsoever and sholud not be fed the oxygen of publicity. If I was running this board I would remove this thread.

Biff, that's not exactly in the spirit of open discussion is it? The BNP may be a bunch of unpleasant xenophobic racists, but their policies are worth holding up to public scrutiny. Otherwise, what does that make us? I'm sure their peak oil policies are purely a vehicle to further their racist agenda, but apart from the Greens they appear to be the only party that even has a policy on oil depletion. This is a shameful state of affairs, and undermines any faith I have in politics being any kind of answer to the problems we face as a society.
stumuz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BNP offer a good fillip to the other political parties.

With the loss of liberty, privacy and the unequal distribution of resources suffered by the UK over the last ten years, it is good to have the BNP snapping terrier like at the heels of the politically correct. They are the antitheses of everything which has been drummed, bullied and coerced into the law abiding majority, by the political ruling classes.

Im not sure whether I would want to see them in power, but as a genuine political alternative, that can only be a good thing for democracy
biffvernon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: BNP Reply with quote

biffvernon wrote:
biffvernon wrote:
stumuz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumuz wrote:
The BNP offer a good fillip to the other political parties.

With the loss of liberty, privacy and the unequal distribution of resources suffered by the UK over the last ten years, it is good to have the BNP snapping terrier like at the heels of the politically correct. They are the antitheses of everything which has been drummed, bullied and coerced into the law abiding majority, by the political ruling classes.

Im not sure whether I would want to see them in power, but as a genuine political alternative, that can only be a good thing for democracy

UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: BNP Reply with quote

biffvernon wrote:

That sounds like a restriction of free speech to me. I'd never vote BNP either, but I wouldn't support them being silenced.
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumuz wrote:
With the loss of liberty, privacy and the unequal distribution of resources suffered by the UK over the last ten years, it is good to have the BNP snapping terrier like at the heels of the politically correct.

That makes it sound like you believe they'd reverse that.
2 As and a B

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: BNP Reply with quote

biffvernon wrote:
biffvernon wrote:
biffvernon wrote:

Sweeping debate about them under the carpet doesn't make them go away. It just allows them to fester in a dark place.

What would you do Biff for instance if a BNP supporter - not even a member - joined your local transition group?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: