PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why the planet needs nuclear energy...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam172

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Why the planet needs nuclear energy... Reply with quote

I was reading through the December 2004 / January 2005 Engineering Technology magazine published by the IEE, and I saw an article about nuclear power.

It was an article they had borrowed from thetablet, on why the former Bishop of Birmingham said nuclear power was required. Now, I know these type of articles are everywhere these days, I did find part of it nice to see:

Quote:
It is crucial if the world is to be saved from future catastrophe, that non-global warming sources of energy should be increasingly available after 2010. Petrol will begin to be in ever costlier and shorter supply, especially with the industrialisation of China, already producing 190,000 cars a month. By then oil supplies may even have peaked. Gas will become more expensive and huge supplies will have to be obtained from abroad. For security of supply as well as for the environment it will be essential to have other sources of energy.

- http://www.thetablet.co.uk/cgi-bin/register.cgi/tablet-00946

Also, it's not a bad article in itself and a good balanced review (at least, I think it is) against the articles which rant and rave about nuclear power being a bad idea.
DamianB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Why the planet needs nuclear energy... Reply with quote

Sam172 wrote:
the former Bishop of Birmingham said nuclear power was required.

Let's hope the new guy has more sense. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Nuclear Power All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: