PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New global temperature record set
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biffvernon

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: New global temperature record set Reply with quote

Quote:
It was the hottest April on record in the NASA dataset. More significantly, following fast on the heels of the hottest March and hottest Jan-Feb-March on record, its also the hottest Jan-Feb-March-April on record [click on figure to enlarge].

The record temperatures were seeing now are especially impressive because weve been in the deepest solar minimum in nearly a century. It now appears to be over. Its just hard to stop the march of manmade global warming, well, other than by reducing greenhouse gas emissions, that is.

Most significantly, NASAs March prediction has come true: It is nearly certain that a new record 12-month global temperature will be set in 2010.″

http://climateprogress.org/2010/05/16/nasa-easily-the-hottest-january-and-hottest-jan-april-in-temperature-record/
kingoster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Climate Change Reply with quote

North America has been experiencing powerful climate change for the past 18,000 years.

During the last Ice Age, the glacial northern ice cap extended down into the American Midwest, covered over New York under a mile of ice, and down into California.

Since the warming period began, the glaciers have been driven back by about 2,000 miles to the top of Canada and Greenland. New land has been exposed for forests, wildlife, agriculture and human habitation. We now have build cities on land that was once crushed under that deadly ice.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to PowerSwitch, kingoster, but what is your point?
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to reply to Kingoster but thought, why bother. He sounds like he has the potential to be the RGR of Climate Change so arguing will be pointless. Unlike RGR he probably has no technical expertise to give at least some credibility to his arguments.

What he said was correct but has absolutely no relevance to the current science on GW/CC. It's like saying that the world has had huge and almost continuous growth in oil supplies for the past 100 and more years: that oil has been found from the USA to Saudi Arabia and the North Sea to the Falklands and since the discovery of oil production has risen from nothing to over 85 mbpd.

It's all true but it isn't the whole story. Kingoster's knowledge stopped being updated at least 100 years ago when he stopped reading the book because the story started getting nasty and he didn't like the potential outcome.

I've also edited out the advert at the bottom of his contribution. Any more contributions with adverts will be deleted.
2 As and a B

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenneal wrote:
I've also edited out the advert at the bottom of his contribution. Any more contributions with adverts will be deleted.

Would that have been the MSDS Software one that's at the foot of the other Kingoster post? Wink
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foodimista wrote:
kenneal wrote:

Would that have been the MSDS Software one that's at the foot of the other Kingoster post? Wink

Yes, Foody. There have been a number of posts from supposedly different people with that advert at the bottom which we have deleted. I couldn't find his second post last night so can you direct me to it, please?
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have located and deleted the other post.
2 As and a B

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenneal wrote:
I couldn't find his second post last night so can you direct me to it, please?

Click on the 'profile' button at the foot of the post and then follow the 'Find all posts by <username>' link.

Works for any spammer. Wink
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foodimista wrote:
kenneal wrote:
I couldn't find his second post last night so can you direct me to it, please?

Click on the 'profile' button at the foot of the post and then follow the 'Find all posts by <username>' link.

Works for any spammer. Wink

Did that but nothing came up, Foodi. Anyway, it's all sorted now.
Andy Hunt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[IMG]http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=b880c982b4418100be11b54c4ce8b0c1[/IMG]

http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=b880c982b4418100be11b54c4ce8b0c1

I wouldn't want to worry you with the truth. Rolling Eyes
RenewableCandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've left out the boiling oil...
flogger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: New global temperature record set Reply with quote

biffvernon wrote:
Quote:
It was the hottest April on record in the NASA dataset. More significantly, following fast on the heels of the hottest March and hottest Jan-Feb-March on record, its also the hottest Jan-Feb-March-April on record [click on figure to enlarge].

The record temperatures were seeing now are especially impressive because weve been in the deepest solar minimum in nearly a century. It now appears to be over. Its just hard to stop the march of manmade global warming, well, other than by reducing greenhouse gas emissions, that is.

Most significantly, NASAs March prediction has come true: It is nearly certain that a new record 12-month global temperature will be set in 2010.″

http://climateprogress.org/2010/05/16/nasa-easily-the-hottest-january-and-hottest-jan-april-in-temperature-record/

Looks like NOAA has been fiddling the figures again. Does anybody still believe these highest temperature scare stories we get every year ?
biffvernon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually newbies to PowerSwitch are welcomed but this is not a forum for flat-earthers. Please take your silly comments elsewhere.
Andy Hunt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what flogger is flogging - apart from a dead horse, of course.

I wouldn't want to worry you with the truth. Rolling Eyes
2 As and a B

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: New global temperature record set Reply with quote

flogger wrote:
Looks like NOAA has been fiddling the figures again. Does anybody still believe these highest temperature scare stories we get every year ?

No argument to back up your assertion. You're going to have to do better than this if you don't want people to just chuckle and move on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Climate Change All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: