PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sustainable Thornbury (north of Bristol)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
heatherwitham

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Sustainable Thornbury (north of Bristol) Reply with quote

Just to let everyone know, our group is now an 'official Post Carbon Outpost'. See: http://www.postcarbon.org/groups/thornbury If anyone is trying to set up a Peak Oil group or is already in one, I'd love to share information.

Thanks.
Joe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you perceive as the benefits to your group of being a Postcarbon Institute outpost, as opposed to simply going it alone with your own ideas & agenda? And are there any drawbacks that you've encountered?

As an aside, it appeals to my sense of irony that the re-localization movement has given rise to this global syndicate Smile
MacG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
What do you perceive as the benefits to your group of being a Postcarbon Institute outpost, as opposed to simply going it alone with your own ideas & agenda? And are there any drawbacks that you've encountered?

Is this not like beeing an official chapter of Hells Angels?
heatherwitham

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: benefits Reply with quote

Hello! PCI offers great space on their website plus when you join you get access to a Manual that has yet to be published. It is full of ideas for how to do audits in your town, how to organise screenings and facilitate discussions: it's quite hefty. So I'm certainly grateful for that access. Additionally, I 've had a number of people contact me who found me through PCI and that has meant that we are now part of someone's Master's dissertation! :) I think it's powerful to see how many groups there are via the PCI site. So that's another bonus.
heatherwitham

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Sustainable Thornbury website Reply with quote

Hi all. And now we have our own website with events coming up:
[url]http://www.sustainablethornbury.org[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> The South West All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: