PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cameron allegedly snubbed by entire staff of hospital.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nexus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Cameron allegedly snubbed by entire staff of hospital. Reply with quote

This blog post makes interesting reading: apparently Cameron visited a hospital in Newcastle, was abused by a member of staff, and everyone else refused to speak to him... And not a word in the press:

http://eoin-clarke.blogspot.com/2012/02/we-can-now-reveal-what-really-happened.html
energy-village

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worrying if true and the media were so quiet about it.

If we can believe Private Eye there are a large number of donations to the Tory Party from private medical firms (or persons heavily involved with said companies).

Here's an interesting report. The PM wants to seem as if he is consulting, without actually going through the inconvenience and embarrassment.

Quote:
NHS changes: Critics 'not invited' to PM's meeting

Some of the fiercest critics of the planned NHS reforms in England say they have not been invited to a meeting about the changes with David Cameron.

The British Medical Association and the Royal College of Nursing, which want the bill to be withdrawn, say they have not been asked to Monday's event ... The Royal College of GPs also says it is not invited, which its chairwoman, Clare Gerada, said was a great shame given it represented the largest body of GPs in England.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17083357
JavaScriptDonkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like rubbish.

The Number 10 website has him in London that day for the insurance summit.

Newcastle Victoria Hospital can hardly have been a convenient unscheduled visit.
energy-village

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Norwich backing for Prime Minister David Cameron’s plans for minimum pricing to help combat “scandal” of drunkenness in UK

Prime Minister David Cameron with matron Angela McNab during his visit to the Royal Victoria Infirmary Hospital in Newcastle to highlight the cost of alcohol to the NHS.

PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Wednesday February 15, 2012

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/DODGY

Quote:

David Cameron edges towards minimum price curb on binge drinking

Prime minister David Cameron visits the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle to highlight the cost of alcohol to the NHS.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/feb/15/david-cameron-minimum-price-alcohol
nexus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks E-V.

Wow JSD, this doesn't sound like rubbish now. I bet the Tory trolls are all out trying to quash this one! Laughing

I wonder why number ten fails to mention the visit on their website? Looks suspicious doesn't it.

Last edited by nexus on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
biffvernon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian wrote:
Prime minister David Cameron visits the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle Wednesday 15 February 2012

I suppose we can add our own speech bubbles.[/url]
nexus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nurse to Cameron

"At least the LibDems are supporting your bill now they've been given a £500,000 donation by Alpha Healthcare"

or

"Good luck implementing your bill with the British Medical Association and the Royal Colleges of GPs, Nursing, Midwives, Radiologists, Paediatrics and Child Health and the Chartered Institute of Physiotherapists all against it."
nexus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or since he's in the North East and as an homage to the TV presenter Matt Baker "How on earth do you sleep at night?" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do4yRf71oZM

Laughing

or "I drew the short straw, so lets get this over with; I've been promised my pick of shifts for a month for speaking to you."
JavaScriptDonkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nexus wrote:
Thanks E-V.

Wow JSD, this doesn't sound like rubbish now. I bet the Tory trolls are all out trying to quash this one! Laughing

I wonder why number ten fails to mention the visit on their website? Looks suspicious doesn't it.

Still sounds like rubbish.

The visit was on Wednesday and not Tuesday and it looks like he was being given a guided tour. Hardly the picture presented by the blogger is it?

Who are the Tory trolls?

Edited to add that it IS on the No10 website so long as you get the date right.
energy-village

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nexus wrote:
Nurse to Cameron

"At least the LibDems are supporting your bill now they've been given a £500,000 donation by Alpha Healthcare"

or

"Good luck implementing your bill with the British Medical Association and the Royal Colleges of GPs, Nursing, Midwives, Radiologists, Paediatrics and Child Health and the Chartered Institute of Physiotherapists all against it."

nexus wrote:
Or since he's in the North East and as an homage to the TV presenter Matt Baker "How on earth do you sleep at night?" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do4yRf71oZM

Laughing

or "I drew the short straw, so lets get this over with; I've been promised my pick of shifts for a month for speaking to you."

Laughing Laughing Laughing
biffvernon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JavaScriptDonkey wrote:

Still sounds like rubbish.

The visit was on Wednesday and not Tuesday

Er, yes, the visit was on Wednesday but announced on Tuesday like what
Green Benches wrote:
On Tuesday past, Conservative Central Office announced that the PM was to make a high profile visit to an NHS Hospital

Love the 'short straw' comment, nexus. Smile
energy-village

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From WikiLeaks we learned that President Obama thinks Cameron is a 'light-weight' – he got that right. Dave is an ex-TV PR man and not very good at that.

The visit to Newcastle Victoria Hospital went badly – as will his proposed meeting tomorrow. He has 'forgotten' to invite all the heavy-weights that are against the bill such as the British Medical Association, the Royal College of Nursing and The Royal College of GPs.

Jacket off, crisp white shirt, sleeves rolled up, photo opp 4320 – we saw it all with Blair, Cameron's just not as good, Blair Lite. I can hardly believe anybody falls for his smoke and mirrors, whilst he flogs the NHS off to his friends and supporters. The PM for the 1%.
woodpecker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Have you met my security team? I never go anywhere without them at my side. You never know what awful things can happen in a place like an NHS hospital."
nexus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Ludwig

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameron: "Speak a word about what just happened and I will crush you and your nuisance do-gooder associates like this fly."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: