PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assange Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnhemming2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rape case has not been dropped in the sense that he now faces no chance of prosecution. That is obvious from the article I quoted in the post prior to this one.

Beyond that you tend to misrepresent my arguments and I see any attempt to get you to understand the truth futile.
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnhemming2 wrote:
The rape case has not been dropped in the sense that he now faces no chance of prosecution. That is obvious from the article I quoted in the post prior to this one.

Beyond that you tend to misrepresent my arguments and I see any attempt to get you to understand the truth futile.

I am not misrepresenting anything. You are just playing with words. You wouldn't recognise the truth if it crawled up your trouserleg and bit you on the balls.
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndercoverElephant wrote:
If the real reason he fled to that embassy was fear of prosecution for rape in Sweden, what would be the point in him staying there after the rape case has been dropped? The only explanation for his continued presence in that embassy is fear of extradition to the US, and the recent visit of senior US politician to discuss the exchange of information regarding the DNC leak for a US "pardon" 100% confirms that his fears are justified.

Bang on UE, as usual.

Quote:
According to police records of SW’s phone seen by Assange’s lawyers, ‘SW’ [one of the two women Assange slept with] wrote from the police station that she “did not want to put any charges on Julian Assange,” but that the police were “keen on getting their hands on him.”

The next day she wrote she “did not want to accuse” Assange “for anything” and that it was the “police who made up the charges (sic).”

There was never an accusation of 'rape' from the two girls; all they wanted to know initially was whether Assange could be compelled to take an HIV test.

Even the BBC agrees.

Quote:
21 August 2010
The arrest warrant is withdrawn. "I don't think there is reason to suspect that he has committed rape," says one of Stockholm's chief prosecutors, Eva Finne.

UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/348773-could-trump-pardon-assange

Quote:

Talk of Assange pardon worries intelligence community

We truly have arrived in 1984. Double-plus bad.

How can anybody talk of an "Assange pardon" when the Assange in question has never even been charged with offence in question, let alone convicted? In fact, according to John Hemming, much of the mainstream media and countless other sources, he isn't even wanted for the thing there is talk of pardoning him for. If you look at if objectively - if you try to understand the words being used, at face value - it is totally incomprehensible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardon

Quote:

A pardon is a government decision to allow a person who has been convicted of a crime to be free and absolved of that conviction, as if they were never convicted.

Looks like the wikipedia entry needs to be amended.
johnhemming2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, according to John Hemming, much of the mainstream media and countless other sources, he isn't even wanted for the thing there is talk of pardoning him for.

What I said was that Obama did not want him. Trump's administration is a different thing.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days you can be an anti-semite for criticising overt Israeli influence.

By that measure, it means I'm anti-Irish because I criticise its government's policies.
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wnd.com/2017/09/congressman-urges-trump-to-meet-with-assange/
emordnilap

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wnd.com/2017/09/congressman-urges-trump-to-meet-with-assange/

It's difficult to know what to believe: it's best to not have any beliefs.
raspberry-blower

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Pilger: Clinton, Assange and the War on Truth

John Pilger wrote:
In the years I have known Julian Assange, I have watched a vituperative personal campaign try to stop him and WikiLeaks. It has been a frontal assault on whistleblowing, on free speech and free journalism, all of which are now under sustained attack from governments and corporate internet controllers.

The first serious attacks on Assange came from the Guardian which, like a spurned lover, turned on its besieged former source, having hugely profited from WikiLeaks' disclosures. With not a penny going to Assange or WikiLeaks, a Guardian book led to a lucrative Hollywood movie deal. Assange was portrayed as "callous" and a "damaged personality".

It was as if a rampant jealousy could not accept that his remarkable achievements stood in marked contrast to that of his detractors in the "mainstream" media. It is like watching the guardians of the status quo, regardless of age, struggling to silence real dissent and prevent the emergence of the new and hopeful.

Today, Assange remains a political refugee from the war-making dark state of which Donald Trump is a caricature and Hillary Clinton the embodiment. His resilience and courage are astonishing. Unlike him, his tormentors are cowards.

emordnilap

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raspberry-blower wrote:
John Pilger: Clinton, Assange and the War on Truth

John Pilger wrote:
In the years I have known Julian Assange, I have watched a vituperative personal campaign try to stop him and WikiLeaks. It has been a frontal assault on whistleblowing, on free speech and free journalism, all of which are now under sustained attack from governments and corporate internet controllers.

The first serious attacks on Assange came from the Guardian which, like a spurned lover, turned on its besieged former source, having hugely profited from WikiLeaks' disclosures. With not a penny going to Assange or WikiLeaks, a Guardian book led to a lucrative Hollywood movie deal. Assange was portrayed as "callous" and a "damaged personality".

It was as if a rampant jealousy could not accept that his remarkable achievements stood in marked contrast to that of his detractors in the "mainstream" media. It is like watching the guardians of the status quo, regardless of age, struggling to silence real dissent and prevent the emergence of the new and hopeful.

Today, Assange remains a political refugee from the war-making dark state of which Donald Trump is a caricature and Hillary Clinton the embodiment. His resilience and courage are astonishing. Unlike him, his tormentors are cowards.

Clear, cogent and cutting as per usual. It is a seriously savage article!

All mainstream media are part of the establishment; they all rely on funders they dare not antagonise, The BBC and The Guardian especially.

Plus, Assange embarrasses them by doing the job they know they should be doing but aren't allowed to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58
Page 58 of 58

Jump to: