PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GM foods story in papers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raspberry-blower

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Red Queen strikes yet again.

Quote:
The Maharashtra government on Friday announced that it would file police complaints against seed companies like Monsanto, which supplied seeds of BT Cotton, the crops from which were destroyed in a large-scale bollworm attack.

Maharashtra's Revenue Minister Chandrakant Patil said on Friday more than 70 per cent of the cotton crop in Vidarbha has been destroyed due to the bollworm attack. He added that companies like Monsanto had provided the BT Cotton seeds with the promise that they were immune to attacks by the pest. The Vasantrao Naik Shetkari Swavalamban Mission, a state government body, has estimated that the output of cotton in Maharashtra would fall to 43.10 lakh quintal as compared to 78.61 quintals in December 2016.

Tribune of India: Maharashtra to file FIRs against seed cos after bollworm attack

Another GMO falsehood exposed for what they really are - a cruel sham
woodburner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnhemming2 wrote:
Quote:
The ecology of Planet Earth is rapidly collapsing under a rising tide of toxic pollution and plastic waste as, in every sector of the economy, natural products and methods are replaced with synthetics.

Not actually true.

That is the big problem. A lot of people are campaigning for things that are not actually true.

Take the word "collapsing" and justify it.

Quote:
"We are at a unique stage in our history. Never before have we had such an awareness of what we are doing to the planet, and never before have we had the power to do something about it. Surely we have a responsibility to care for our blue planet. The future of humanity, and indeed all life on Earth, now depends on us."

- David Attenborough, Blue Planet II

Glad you know more than the likes of David Attenborough, it would be a bad day if he is able to influence the future Rolling Eyes
RenewableCandy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnhemming2 wrote:

Take the word "collapsing" and justify it.

Challenge accepted!
Bee numbers.
Other insect numbers, come to that.
Ice coverage.
Reachable phosphates.
And yes, just for the banter, that polar bear in the video that went viral over the weekend...
(disclaimer: this is without actually having read the article! This is based on other news that's come in of late)
woodburner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post removed until verified source can be found

However here is the aluminium content, though supporters try to say it’s not a problem, they don’t mention they are talking of ingestion by mouth, where aluminium injected is an entirely different proposition. Since deaths from HPV are thought to be around 1:40.000, and injuries from the Gardasil vaccine are around 1:500, there is some explaining to do. Merck makes the vaccine using their supposedly patented adjuvant AAHS (Amorphous Aluminum Hydroxyphosphate Sulfate) which is many times more damaging than aluminium hydroxide, the common adjuvant used in vaccines.

Last edited by woodburner on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the aluminium related content and the quote that you posted above, WB, is very interesting I don't think that I will be quoting that site to anyone because of its anti Semitic content.

I was going to refer my daughter to it but won't having read the contents and seen the references to other articles. This drastically reduces the impact of the information as far as I'm concerned.
woodburner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the surrounding crap, the problem is if the source isn’t cited, that draws complaints. The anti-semetic comments are just by hateful trolls.

I will try to find another source. and edit the post.
woodburner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have linked this earlier, but it’ll be something to finish off the year Big Ag are at it again
fuzzy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a superb article, thanks Wb. Please read the link everyone.
woodburner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, not conttent with having developed a virus ridden software platform, Gates wants to make loads-a-munny messing with the genes.
woodburner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope this doesn’t get censored

Some reading
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodburner wrote:
I just hope this doesn’t get censored

You're preaching to the choir, my friend. Laughing But thanks, I'll put it on my reading/recommended list.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely a choir member on this topic and you can buy the book, The Myths of Safe Pesticides by Andre Leu, via https://www.waterstones.com who do, I believe, pay all UK taxes and also support the UK High Street.

I'm quite happy to use that other awful entirely online company's review services but will buy the book elsewhere where staff are not exploited and genuine British tax paying companies are not undercut by the non paying of taxes.
woodburner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Particularly with books, many small booksellers use the platform you dislike to advertise their books. They probably pay taxes too. Waterstones however buy out these smaller booksellers.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another possible is World of Books for second hand books, available direct from them at https://www.worldofbooks.com/
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodburner wrote:
Particularly with books, many small booksellers use the platform you dislike to advertise their books. They probably pay taxes too. Waterstones however buy out these smaller booksellers.

Find these smaller sellers and buy direct from them to stop DODGY TAX AVOIDERS profiting as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: