PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I suggest this RGR/Ralph troll be banned
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

should it or shouldn't it be banned?
Yes
43%
 43%  [ 10 ]
No
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Don't know
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Don't care
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
We should encourage similar posters
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 23

emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: I suggest this RGR/Ralph troll be banned Reply with quote

Whatcha think, people?
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not contributing anything worthwhile to the debates.
woodburner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He might be incomprehensible and presenting information you don't agree with, but he has never been abusive nor even mildly insulting (unless I have missed something).

Shorter posts would be a lot easier to understand, but that applies to many posters.
woodburner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised at your lynch mob approach e. Is it that Ralph has a view that doesn't coincide with yours?
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would help if people addressed their posts to a specific person if they contain words like "you" or "your".
Little John

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My instinct is to never engage in the banning of dissent. Even if I think the dissent is stupid or, even, mischievous. I realize that there is a line in the sand for everything, even a lack of willingness to ban. but, I don't think the idiot Ralph has reached that yet.

One option could be, as I think UE has suggested, to limit the threads where he could post. I don't actually know about the logistics about that on here and whether it would be possible. Even then, though, I would be extremely reluctant.

Last edited by Little John on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
woodburner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndercoverElephant wrote:
It would help if people addressed their posts to a specific person if they contain words like "you" or "your".

Help who, how and why? It was a collective "you" except where indicated otherwise.
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodburner wrote:
UndercoverElephant wrote:

Help who, how and why?

Help everybody who reads your posts understand them? Rolling Eyes
woodburner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody? It would be helpful if you (UE) were specific about who "everybody" is, when I spect that you mean you can't understand .

I doubt most people find them difficult to understand. Unlike some of the verbose posts that some around here indulge in.

I cannot see how Ralph's posts can be described as "dissent".
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodburner wrote:
Everybody? It would be helpful if you (UE) were specific about who "everybody" is, when I spect that you mean you can't understand .

Yawn. Have you got anything positive to say about anyone or anything?

Go on. Try it.
woodburner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I and no doubt others could say the same to you. Don't play your (UE) little baiting exercises. They don't always go the way you (UE) might like. I suggest you (UE) stop commenting on posts you (UE) don't like. It will save you (UE) a lot of yawning. As for your (UE) question, you (UE) can answer it for yourself (UE), and just read through my posts. If you (UE) can't be bothered, you (UE) will never know the answer. Now stop acting the troll, and grow up.
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodburner wrote:
I and no doubt others could say the same to you.

Hmmm. And they'd not be justified. You can have a go at me for being abusive, sure, but never having anything positive to say about anything or anyone? Nope, that's your speciality, not mine. Smile

Quote:

Don't play your (UE) little baiting exercises.

Look who's talking!!

Quote:

They don't always go the way you (UE) might like. I suggest you (UE) stop commenting on posts you (UE) don't like. It will save you (UE) a lot of yawning. As for your (UE) question, you (UE) can answer it for yourself (UE), and just read through my posts. If you (UE) can't be bothered, you (UE) will never know the answer. Now stop acting the troll, and grow up.

Twisted Evil LOL
Mean Mr Mustard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, there appears to be an internal squabble even while considering the fate of another or perhaps (again) the one and very same RGR corporate sockpuppet who can't even get Xmas day off from trolling...

Quote:
BRIAN: We mustn't fight each other! Surely we should be united against the common enemy!

EVERYONE: The Judean People's Front?!

BRIAN: No, no! The Romans!

The Future's so Bright, I gotta wear Night Vision Goggles...
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mean Mr Mustard wrote:
Alas, there appears to be an internal squabble even while considering the fate of another or perhaps (again) the one and very same RGR corporate sockpuppet who can't even get Xmas day off from trolling...

Quote:
BRIAN: We mustn't fight each other! Surely we should be united against the common enemy!

EVERYONE: The Judean People's Front?!

BRIAN: No, no! The Romans!

Here, here! Or is it hear, hear?

RGR was limited to which threads he could post on and then started deleting his posts before he was banned completely.
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodburner wrote:
I'm surprised at your lynch mob approach e. Is it that Ralph has a view that doesn't coincide with yours?

Did lynch mobs start off "I suggest we hang so-and-so"? Maybe there were some polite KKKs. Laughing

Several are convinced that Ralph=RGR, who was banned and is now back, very marginally less disruptive. If this troll has mellowed, banning again may further curb its recidivism.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Suggestion Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: