PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

boycott Israel, buycott Palestine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biffvernon wrote:
Seems the Guardian didn't like the idea that Israel wanted Palestinian gas.

Good bloke, Nafeezz Ahmed

http://www.patreon.com/nafeez

As in: http://www.powerswitch.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24964
emordnilap

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this is one of several dominos

Quote:
Denmark is the latest EU nation set to hold a vote to recognize Palestine.

Netanyahu's comments are (as usual) bizarre.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:
Hope this is one of several dominos

Quote:
Denmark is the latest EU nation set to hold a vote to recognize Palestine.

It might well be

Quote:
Four political parties that form Belgiums government have reportedly agreed to recognize the Palestinian state, despite diplomatic pressure from Israel and its allies. The recognition will happen at a moment deemed appropriate.

Quote:
In October the British parliament voted in favor of a symbolic move to recognize Palestine as an official state, answering impassioned pleas by pro-Palestinian ministers and activists.

Irish lawmakers joined the initiative in November.

And again

Quote:
French lawmakers have voted 339 to 151 in favour of a symbolic motion to recognise Palestine as a state.

The National Assembly's vote on Tuesday is likely to raise domestic political pressure on the French government to be more active on the issue.

jonny2mad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked why should I want isreal to be defeated and muslims to win .

Personally I think neither side is my friend,
let them fight it out

optimism is cowardice oswald spengler
emordnilap

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone on this forum who supports genocide need not be taken seriously in anything they write.

Fight fascism in real life yes but people, ignore it here.

Such posters are unworthy of response.

jonny2mad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked People on both sides would like to get rid of the other side basically they both want the same piece of earth, the isrealis used the second world war to get the sympathy that allowed them to conquer what is now isreal, they used american aid they have lots of power in the west so do people like the saudis .

Who knows which side will win long term maybe the conflict will just keep on for hundreds of years you have had conflict in the holyland a hell of a long time the reconquest of spain lasted 800 years .

Could go on longer than that what isreal is is one of the few places conquered by islam that for a while at least isnt controlled by islam, spain is the other one I can think of .

I dont think your going to get the two sides to share, so you either back the genocide of the arabs or the jews, or do what I do which is say Its not my fight .

I went to anti Iraq war protests, I wouldnt have sent a army to anywhere in the middle east actually what I'd do is make a deal we stay out of islamic majority countrys you take your muslims back . if the jews would all leave and head off to their state that would be nice too . I'd sell both sides weapons wouldnt give either aid and leave them too it . no refugees no outside intervention the stonger more lucky get to keep what they can hold .

This wont happen but overall you could have less deaths and unhappiness in the long term

emordnilap

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biffvernon wrote:
Seems the Guardian didn't like the idea that Israel wanted Palestinian gas.

Good bloke, Nafeezz Ahmed

http://www.patreon.com/nafeez

Why the Guardian Axed Nafeez Ahmed

Quote:
Lets be clear: the Guardian is now a raucous market-place of opinion its model for monetising the mostly voluntary labour of desperate journalists, writers, academics and lobby groups. The paper calls it Comment is Free free for the Guardian, that is.

But it is certainly not free in the sense of free expression, as I know only too well from my many run-ins with its editors, both from my time on staff there and from my later experiences as a freelance journalist (more below). The Guardians website covers a spectrum of moderate, meaning conventional, opinion from right to left, with a couple of genuinely progressive staff writers currently Seumas Milne and Owen Jones there to offer the illusion of real pluralism.

[...]

Quote:
Israel, as an intimate ally of the US, is therefore protected from profoundly critically scrutiny, much as the US and its western allies are. It is okay to criticise individual western policies as flawed, especially if done so respectfully, but not to suggest that the whole direction of western foreign policy is flawed

jonny2mad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked yup doesnt surprise me how fast the guardian dropped him, I have a interest in banned books or suppressed points of view and can think of a number or really impressive retractions .

If something is really important to jewish or isreali interests lots of people fold or get marginalised Shocked

emordnilap

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now racists are blaming Muslims for pub closures! Like, seriously, dude?
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:

'Cors its there forlt if they dont use them.
jonny2mad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no its the morman or salvation armys fault,

on a serious note no group are totally bad and the majority of british muslims are not blowing themselves up or chopping peoples heads off .

You had two guys jailed today for 13 years for fighting for isis and how they were caught was their familys informed on them . The man who did the most to expose rotherham was asian those are good people

This doesnt make me think large numbers of muslims in the uk is a good thing , personally I would pay people to leave or cut up the country and give up london .

But this doesnt mean I dislike people on a individual basis its pretty rare for me to find a person I don't like most people are ok , I think its to do with numbers and how distant people are to you .

emordnilap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:

And likewise traffic congestion. What will immigrants be blamed for next? Oh, I know, helping to get in a government more right-wing than ever. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Here's a cracking little nugget I hadn't read when it was 'news':

Quote:
UKIP councilor David Silvester once claimed winter flooding across Britain stemmed from the legalization of gay marriage,

Did he claim it was 'opening the floodgates'?
emordnilap

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A belated, symbolic but welcome gesture

Quote:
The Dil has agreed a motion officially recognising the State of Palestine and the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination.

emordnilap

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: boycott Israel, buycott Palestine Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:
Make sure you also buycott Palestinian products (e.g. Zaytoun)

An article by Cathi Pawson, a founder of Zaytoun

Quote:
Olives are traditionally produced without the use of pesticides or chemicals these are banned from entry to Palestine anyway, and are also too expensive to buy so organic certification was a possibility. We wanted to build a case for Fairtrade certification, and knew the unique flavour of the oil was attractive to the gourmet market. We just had to convince the farmers it was worth the paperwork.

Through frequent visits we built up trust. We introduced customers to the farmers on annual trips, and brought farmers to the United Kingdom as well. Seeing their oil on shop shelves, they began to understand the competition and why the oil needed to look good to stand out.

kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaytoun dates are to die for!! And buying them is also one in the eye for the Zionists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: