PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

swallow this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Books, Magazines & Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: swallow this Reply with quote

A book about the food processing industry. Read an interview with its author here.

Quote:
Well, I realised after being in this business for a good 20 years that we all know quite a lot now about food production at the level of the farm weve seen enough investigations of the way poultry are reared, for example. So I thought, we know a lot about chicken but we dont know anything about how a chicken kiev is produced in a factory.

We actually dont know very much about processed food at all and it always used to puzzle me. I try to avoid processed food but on the few occasions I have had to eat it, I think, why is it so different from homemade food? For instance, why is the blueberry muffin that I make at home fluffy and light and fruity and the ones that I buy are sort of heavy, doughy and dont taste of fruit? I wanted to find out what was going on, what accounted for this disparity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Books, Magazines & Film All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: