PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should Shortfall/3rdRock be banned?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AutomaticEarth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Should Shortfall/3rdRock be banned? Reply with quote

Shortfall/3rdRock has been posting some abusing posts. Ie, accusing certain people of being racist, when they are not. This brings down the quality of this website. Should he/she be banned?
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Should Shortfall/3rdRock be banned? Reply with quote

AutomaticEarth wrote:
Shortfall/3rdRock has been posting some abusing posts. Ie, accusing certain people of being racist, when they are not. This brings down the quality of this website. Should he/she be banned?

No. You have to be seriously offensive for a very long time, fundamentally dishonest or an obvious "astroturfing" troll employed by the oil industry to get banned from this website. In fact, I think it is only the astroturfing oil-industry stooge who has actually been banned - repeatedly.
Little John

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Should Shortfall/3rdRock be banned? Reply with quote

AutomaticEarth wrote:
Absolutely not. I disagree vehemently with 3rdRock on some things and strongly agree with him/her on others. I am bound to say I find his/her hit-and-run posts accusing others of racism both laughable and pathetic in equal measure. Neither of which, however, are grounds for banning from posting.
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All members should refrain from personal insults.
Differences of opinion, are fine, even if strongly argued, but insults are not and posts containing insults are liable to be deleted or edited without notice or consultation, as are quotes thereof or references thereto.

I see no reason to ban anyone at present.

Only a handful of established members have ever been banned.

This does not include spammers and the like, these are deleted without mercy or consideration Very Happy
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.
johnhemming2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with the site admins on this. Bannery and censorship is to be avoided.
AutomaticEarth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.powerswitch.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25902

Don't say you weren't warned........ Shocked Sad Laughing
johnhemming2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He isn't as rude as little john and I would not ban little john. Freedom of speech is for those you disagree with and find offensive.
3rdRock

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banned? Most definitely!

HE shouldn't be allowed to insult the 'Band of Bigots' that have seized control of what was once a thought provoking forum. Wink
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that this thread is going anywhere sensible so I'm locking it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Suggestion Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: