PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What guns to buy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to sighting in that 20 gauge sabot gun. It is very ammunition fussy but appears to do quite well with the Remington Accu tips.
I only had one five round box of those so need to get more and have another range session. As it was I had two shots at fifty yards touching each other centered three inches above the bull with the third one and a half inches up and left of the other two. Then I had two at a 100( measured) yards @ 1 3/4" apart, five inches above the bull and two inches right. I'll bring the scope down at least an inch at 100 but won't adjust it left unless it shows some consistency in it as it is most probably from the limitations of the improvised rest I was using and my own out of practice ability. I was sitting in a wooden lawn chair and resting the shotgun on a fifty gallon plastic barrel and a couple of rolled up flannel shirts. Also the scope is seven power max which is great for hunting but far from a target scope.
slackercruster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam2 wrote:
Shotguns are relatively easy to obtain lawfully, a shotgun certificate is required to so do ,but is fairly easy to obtain.

Rifles are more problematic, a firearms certificate is needed and this is far harder to obtain. A firearms certificate is only granted if the applicant can show a good reason to need one.

Handguns are effectively prohibited, as are automatic weapons.

Air pistols and air rifles of limited power can be purchased by any adult. More powerful air weapons are regarded as firearms.

So you wont get that much informed advice from over here I am afraid.

Did they tighten up on shotgun laws in England? Do you have pumps or semi-auto shotguns or just double barrel?
Vortex2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you have pumps or semi-auto shotguns or just double barrel?

You can have either - but max 2 shots in magazine plus one up the spout.

Nothing bigger than 00 buck allowed. No slugs.

Min weapon length 40" for pump action or semi-autos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Preparations All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: