PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trump, Sanders, Leicester City FC...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jonny2mad



Joined: 24 Nov 2005
Posts: 2422
Location: weston super mare

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well socialist means Islam.

I have friends who were marxists who partly caused Iran to turn fundi, because they allied with fundi muslims against more secular nationalists

They sided with radical islam in lebanon, the lebanese civil war broke out between Christians and the PLO then you had leftists come in on the side of the PLO .

The only reason the PLO was in lebanon was because they came in as refugees, these refugees changed the demographics of lebanon which cause the war in the first place .

if your a socialist your backing the side that will fight against the people fighting islamic invasion. you can see that now on the streets
_________________
"What causes more suffering in the world than the stupidity of the compassionate?"Friedrich Nietzsche

optimism is cowardice oswald spengler
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Little John



Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 5667
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonny2mad wrote:
Well socialist means Islam.

I have friends who were marxists who partly caused Iran to turn fundi, because they allied with fundi muslims against more secular nationalists

They sided with radical islam in lebanon, the lebanese civil war broke out between Christians and the PLO then you had leftists come in on the side of the PLO .

The only reason the PLO was in lebanon was because they came in as refugees, these refugees changed the demographics of lebanon which cause the war in the first place .

if your a socialist your backing the side that will fight against the people fighting islamic invasion. you can see that now on the streets
More one sided bollocks Jonny. Who do you think has levered more nutters into power all over the middle east and around the rest of the world than all other nations put together?

It was those damned Marxists, the Yanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Lord Beria3



Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 4104
Location: Moscow Russia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/tax-wall-street-stock/2016/01/09/id/708860/

Quote:
"I'm really good at that stuff," he said. "I know Wall Street. I know the people on Wall Street. We're going to have the greatest negotiators of the world, but at the same time I'm not going to let Wall Street get away with murder. Wall Street has caused tremendous problems for us. We're going to tax Wall Street."

Trump also highlighted his independence from campaign contributions. "I don't care about the Wall Street guys," he said. "I'm not taking any of their money."


I suspect that this will be a growing trend in the Trump campaign going forward.
_________________
Peace always has been and always will be an intermittent flash of light in a dark history of warfare, violence, and destruction
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vtsnowedin



Joined: 07 Jan 2011
Posts: 4280
Location: New England ,Chelsea Vermont

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Beria3 wrote:
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/tax-wall-street-stock/2016/01/09/id/708860/

Quote:
"I'm really good at that stuff," he said. "I know Wall Street. I know the people on Wall Street. We're going to have the greatest negotiators of the world, but at the same time I'm not going to let Wall Street get away with murder. Wall Street has caused tremendous problems for us. We're going to tax Wall Street."

Trump also highlighted his independence from campaign contributions. "I don't care about the Wall Street guys," he said. "I'm not taking any of their money."


I suspect that this will be a growing trend in the Trump campaign going forward.

The idea that the USA will is going to end up with Hillary and Trump debating each other over which one of them can and will reign in Wall street is the greatest farce of the Century. We can compare Hillary's cattle futures and White water record to Trump's four bankruptcies and deals where all the other investors got flailed while he came out on top.
They both have plenty of experience just not the kind the country needs to duplicate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AutomaticEarth



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 818

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtsnowedin wrote:
Lord Beria3 wrote:
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/tax-wall-street-stock/2016/01/09/id/708860/

Quote:
"I'm really good at that stuff," he said. "I know Wall Street. I know the people on Wall Street. We're going to have the greatest negotiators of the world, but at the same time I'm not going to let Wall Street get away with murder. Wall Street has caused tremendous problems for us. We're going to tax Wall Street."

Trump also highlighted his independence from campaign contributions. "I don't care about the Wall Street guys," he said. "I'm not taking any of their money."


I suspect that this will be a growing trend in the Trump campaign going forward.

The idea that the USA will is going to end up with Hillary and Trump debating each other over which one of them can and will reign in Wall street is the greatest farce of the Century. We can compare Hillary's cattle futures and White water record to Trump's four bankruptcies and deals where all the other investors got flailed while he came out on top.
They both have plenty of experience just not the kind the country needs to duplicate.


VT - you need to start a new thread for the 2016 Presidential Elections Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonny2mad



Joined: 24 Nov 2005
Posts: 2422
Location: weston super mare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trump has never been personally bankrupt he has put companys he owned or partly owned into bankrupsy http://www.thestreet.com/story/13286068/1/the-backstory-on-donald-trump-s-four-bankruptcies.html
_________________
"What causes more suffering in the world than the stupidity of the compassionate?"Friedrich Nietzsche

optimism is cowardice oswald spengler
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
UndercoverElephant



Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Posts: 8638
Location: south east England

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Leicester City have won the Premier League. I cannot quite believe I just typed those words.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vtsnowedin



Joined: 07 Jan 2011
Posts: 4280
Location: New England ,Chelsea Vermont

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndercoverElephant wrote:
Well, Leicester City have won the Premier League. I cannot quite believe I just typed those words.

I don't know how the Leicester Foxes got into this conversation but anyway on the way into work the radio informed me of their impossible dream coming true. I happen to have had an Irish worker in the crew for the last week or two so when I got to work I asked Liam if he had placed a $100 bet on Leicester to win it all at the beginning of the season.
His Answer/
If I had do you tink I'd be here layin pipe?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UndercoverElephant



Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Posts: 8638
Location: south east England

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtsnowedin wrote:
UndercoverElephant wrote:
Well, Leicester City have won the Premier League. I cannot quite believe I just typed those words.

I don't know how the Leicester Foxes got into this conversation but anyway on the way into work the radio informed me of their impossible dream coming true. I happen to have had an Irish worker in the crew for the last week or two so when I got to work I asked Liam if he had placed a $100 bet on Leicester to win it all at the beginning of the season.
His Answer/
If I had do you tink I'd be here layin pipe?


There are apparently about 50 people in the whole of the UK who backed Leicester to win at the start of the season, at 5000-1. About half of those have cashed out - or partly cashed out those bests - and the other half, who must all be Leicester supporters - must be in dreamland tonight. For the bookmakers, it is a nightmare. Not so much because of the tiny number of people who backed Leicester at the start of the season, but the large number who backed them at various points after they went top of the league in the Autumn. It will change the way bookmakers operate.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9689fb6a-0e15-11e6-b41f-0beb7e589515.html#axzz47XKYKxnM

Quote:

Bookies fear £50m payout on Leicester winning the Premier League

“The bookies were too clever — they thought it couldn’t happen”, said Simon Clare, PR director at Coral. “If a golfer wins a major at 500-1, it’s a brilliant result for a bookie as hardly anyone will have bet on them. The unique thing about Leicester is that people were betting throughout the season, and even in October we were still offering 2,000-1”.

Coral took £500,000 in bets on the winner of the Premier League, and a Leicester win leaves them with a payout of £2.2m, meaning they will have made a net loss on that market of £1.7m. “This will change the way we offer odds,” says Mr Clare. “Bookies will never offer odds of 5,000-1 again.”



It is difficult for Americans, who do not have relegation/promotion in sporting leagues, to understand the true enormity of what has happened. It is being described as "the greatest achievement (or the most unlikely victory) in the history of team sports", and I think this is a justified claim. They were lucky that none of their key players got injured, but apart from that it has been a case of a manager who somehow managed to create a team that performed so much better as a team that was so much better than the sum of its parts that the whole thing defies belief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AutomaticEarth



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 818

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great result for LCFC. Even better, Chelsea beat Tottenham... Laughing

5000/1 for Leicester to win the league......... imagine if you put a tenner down?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UndercoverElephant



Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Posts: 8638
Location: south east England

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutomaticEarth wrote:
What a great result for LCFC. Even better, Chelsea beat Tottenham... Laughing


Chelsea and Tottenham drew.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AutomaticEarth



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 818

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndercoverElephant wrote:
AutomaticEarth wrote:
What a great result for LCFC. Even better, Chelsea beat Tottenham... Laughing


Chelsea and Tottenham drew.


Sorry UE, foot in mouth there Embarassed I meant to say Chelsea helped LCFC win the league.....not beat Tottenham. Had a few beers tonight Very Happy

BTW are you watching MOTD?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UndercoverElephant



Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Posts: 8638
Location: south east England

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutomaticEarth wrote:

BTW are you watching MOTD?


No
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AutomaticEarth



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 818

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tottenham got 9 yellow cards........perfect Laughing

But can West Ham claim 5th spot (hope so)?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AutomaticEarth



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 818

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndercoverElephant wrote:
AutomaticEarth wrote:

BTW are you watching MOTD?


No


Are you a LCFC supporter mate? If so, enjoy the moment..... Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group