PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jihad Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the history of gun ownership in the UK I don't see a return to the average person being able to own a hand gun as long as orderly government continues.
What I do see is every policeman being armed for every duty hour and a gradual increase in the number of people allowed (perhaps even required) to carry guns starting with officials and employees in jobs where attacks happen at higher levels then elsewhere.
The Bobby armed only with a whistle and a night stick is a wonderful tradition but just dosen't fit with current conditions.
Little John

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem in the UK is not a lack of armed police. The main problem is a lack of people doing bad stuff being caught doing bad stuff.

In other words, the biggest disincentive to crime is not the size of the punishment, though this does have some relevance. It is primarily the probability of being caught.

We are not short of guns in the police. We are short of police in the police.
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This attack in Nairobi, Kenya is believed to be the work of Islamic militants.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-46880375

Latest reports state that the authorities have now regained control, after some prolonged gun battles.
At least 14 dead.
Attackers believed to be dead.

later news reportshttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-46888682
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In France, Islamic terrorists have carried out an attack INSIDE a prison, which event is a cause of considerable concern.

Two prison officers received serious knife wounds. It is suspected that the partner of one prisoner took a knife to them during a visit. The visiting partner was not searched as this "requires consent"

Concerns have been raised as to why terrorists were in an ordinary prison and not a higher security facility.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47467829
boisdevie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The attacks in NZ - we've seen those at the unhinged end of Islam killing people. Does the NZ attack mark the start of those at the unhinged end of non-Islam killing people in return?
Little John

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, obviously.
BritDownUnder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived and worked for a while in NZ and would not have thought this would happen. Having said that there was a deep and widespread dislike of foreigners (even at times against myself as a white British person) in parts of the country outside of Auckland. During the aftermath of the 2005 London Tube attacks (in which a NZer was killed) there was a deep revulsion against Muslims.

I personally think this attack was unwise and will invite attacks by Muslims against New Zealanders overseas. From memory I think the country has some of the most liberal gun laws outside of the US with even automatic assault rifles being legal to own assuming you can get a license for one. I suspect that getting a firearms license in NZ will get a lot harder from tomorrow. I would suspect that this is why the attacker, who I read is actually an Australian carried it out in NZ because he could get a gun easily and quite legally.

I don't agree that the attacks by Muslims against non-Muslims are carried out by an unhinged minority. From the outset of the founding of that religion there have been religiously sanctioned attacks against non-Muslims in order to spread the faith, I believe that they are called 'razzia' or something similar. The Byzantine Empire was subject to annual such attacks for many years by the Caliphate. In other words, such attacks are a central part of the faith and may be carried out by adherents when the opportunity arises.
PS_RalphW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the self-identified suspect is the primary offender, then he is Australian, not Kiwi, and is previously unknown backwoods fascist nutter. His stated aim was to promote violence on both sides, to start a racial war.
Little John

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several people who have been arrested, the shooter being Australian. It is unclear who the rest are, but it is intimated they are new Zealanders
raspberry-blower

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bangladesh cricket team narrowly avoided getting caught up in the terror attack: Link

The Test Match due to take place in Christchurch has been cancelled

It is possible the rest of the tour will be scrubbed as well
PS_RalphW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a guess, but if gun ownership is so widespread in NZ, they may have been armed and in the area and decided to see if they could help stop the attack. One (armed) woman has already been released by the police (possible undercover officer?)

May be completely wrong.
jonny2mad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just read the manifesto, saw the film because a ex muslim friend posted it pretty depressing hes motivated by concerns over immigration . its pretty predictable not rambling nonsense.

in the uk it should take 30-40 years for Muslims to be the majority community if they keep the same growth rate they have had for the last 50 years. the funny thing is I was talking to a Antifa supporter a while ago and I said here are the numbers and the majority of this community want homosexuality to be illegal and will push for sharia law so wave goodbye womens rights.

and this Antifa person said well if it ever got to that I would fight them . my response was well the numbers say it will get to that and those EDL people you fought were trying to stop this take over happening .

anyway rivers of blood all this was predicted by our best wartime intelligence planner and we shunned him.

optimism is cowardice oswald spengler
boisdevie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What surprises me is that it's taken this long for a mosque to be attacked and that it wasn't somewhere like France which has legal gun ownership and where attacks by Moslems have been carried out on a gruesome scale.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been some pretty horrendous attacks in places like Bali which are much frequented by Aussies and Kiwis.
jonny2mad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wrote Rotherham on one of his magazines, and his manifesto talked about that and other rapes . he reminded me a lot of Breivik who again I dont think is mad both of them were people who were pretty cold blooded killers .yes this is terrorism he said he thought he would get the Nobel peace prize after 27 years in jail like Mandela because hes doing the same thing Mandela did terrorism.

optimism is cowardice oswald spengler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27

Jump to: