PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

German government tells its citizens to prep re jihad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the lack of public comment or interest in this to be very surprising indeed.

Are German people stocking up ? have retail sales of food and other supplies gone up ?

AFAIK the French government have issued no such advice, Do they expect the crisis or disaster to stop at the (open?) border ?
What about other countries that have borders with Germany, or relatively nearby places like the UK.

Presumably the sporting event was more interesting!
woodburner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going out and buying an extra week or two's food is one thing, but keeping this stock level is a different mater.
snow hope

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless they are expecting massive levels of jihad, I find this advice quite strange.

I think it is a cover for something else. Don't know what though. Question
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakdown of the Eurozone? Economic chaos and collapse? Russia cutting off the gas supply?
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snow hope wrote:
Unless they are expecting massive levels of jihad, I find this advice quite strange.

I think it is a cover for something else. Don't know what though. Question

I suspect that the German authorities fear a different type of jihad, rather than an increased level of attacks broadly similar to those already done.

Consider the effects for example of jihadists poisoning food or water supplies, or blowing up important infrastructure. A (slightly) better prepared population would at least somewhat reduce the consequences.
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Conscription for civil defence" now being considered in Germany.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37164960

It is beginning to look as though TPTB in Germany know something that we don't !
Little John

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. it's looking increasing likely the growing cold war in the Middle East between East and West is about to turn a lot hotter.
boisdevie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent four weeks walking in the Pyrenees last year and apart from a few very off meals didn't cook at all. You don't need to cook food to be able to eat well.
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boisdevie wrote:
I spent four weeks walking in the Pyrenees last year and apart from a few very off meals didn't cook at all. You don't need to cook food to be able to eat well.

While salads and fresh fruits are fine and quite healthy for you I prefer my corn on the cob boiled or roasted and meat and fish cooked properly. I would think a raw only diet would be quite limiting.
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the way PS threads stay resolutely on-topic.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But there are so many ways for the German people to prep for Jihad, Em!
RenewableCandy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the absence of The Family (away on hols with in-laws) I've been going through our food cupboards eating up everything that's gone time-expired.

The most venerable items (that I ate) dated back to 2007!

I find I can't do this when The Family are here because they tend to prise cans of time-expired food from my warm, living hands, claiming it's 'unsafe'.

Anyway they're back from their hols now and our cupboards are a bit more organised.
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RenewableCandy wrote:
In the absence of The Family (away on hols with in-laws) I've been going through our food cupboards eating up everything that's gone time-expired.

I find I can't do this when The Family are here because they tend to prise cans of time-expired food from my warm, living hands, claiming it's 'unsafe'.

Anyway they're back from their hols now and our cupboards are a bit more organised.

Having caring loved ones that take care of you is the only real wealth and you seem to be rich indeed.
Now if they locked you and the family in with the stove working and the water running how long would the food in the cupboard last?
snow hope

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RenewableCandy wrote:

Aha I do the same! Mind you back to 2007 (9 years past the sell by date) exceeds even my frugality. Well done! Laughing
snow hope

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been mulling this "warning to prepare" over in my mind for the last few days. There are a few conspiracy theories/ideas out there as always, that I will not go into.

But I think it is most likely due to increased tensions between the Russian Federation and NATO. The risk of war has definitely increased in the last few months due to both sides taking a belligerent attitude to what they are doing and intend to do in the interface between the two regions in Eastern Europe.

In my opinion it is the West, led by Merica that is ratcheting tensions upwards in Europe. As always I think there is a lot more going on behind the scenes that MSM does not even scratch the surface of. Shocked

You know what they saw is the standard way to deal with a failing economy/empire...... I hope I am wrong. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Preparations All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: