PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Trump presidency.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtsnowedin wrote:
2020 can't come soon enough and I hope both sides get their act together and field a strong candidate that can sort out all this and get back to governing.
Only then will we be able to get real results on trade and other foreign policy.

Trump is already positioning himself for 4 more years, no ?
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:
2020 can't come soon enough and I hope both sides get their act together and field a strong candidate that can sort out all this and get back to governing.
Only then will we be able to get real results on trade and other foreign policy.

Trump is already positioning himself for 4 more years, no ?

He is, but much of the GOP has had more than enough of him and I doubt he will survive even as long as the Super Tuesday primaries.
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The embarrassment of the day.
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-pelosi-and-schumer-have-explosive-televised-shouting-match-over-border-wall-i-wont-take-it/
Little John

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to be honest, the embarrassment was not Trump. His intention is to secure America's borders and he has little time for people who stand in the way of that. Like his type of approach of loathe it, it is that type of approach that gets shit done.
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little John wrote:
Well, to be honest, the embarrassment was not Trump. His intention is to secure America's borders and he has little time for people who stand in the way of that. Like his type of approach of loathe it, it is that type of approach that gets shit done.

Really........?
I thought he was going to get the Mexicans to build the wall...?
The wall was his flagship election promise, and now he's even struggling to get the US to build it for him....
Before the recent elections, both Houses were Republican, so that should have helped him to 'get shit done'....., remember, Obama never had that luxury.....
I don't follow it closely, but seems to me that Trump's just mired in the Russian scandal.....?
Little John

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very fact you consider Trump "mired in a Russian scandal", tells me and anyone else reading your post the infantile level of your discourse.
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little John wrote:
The very fact you consider Trump "mired in a Russian scandal", tells me and anyone else reading your post the infantile level of your discourse.

Apologies for my infantile level....
However, last time I checked, this Board is open to all regardless of their intellect...

Just for clarity.....
You don't believe he's mired in a Russian scandal ?
Or you believe he is, but it's all a conspiracy from his opponents, the 'Deep State' etc. ?

NB - Polite answer only please Smile
eatyourveg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little John wrote:

And this response and those like it are why I don't post here anymore.
'Infantile level of your discourse' - really?
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little early in the day for Ad Hominem attacks isn't it?
The fact that the Democrat majority in the upcoming house thinks they have the POTUS on the verge of impeachment on the strength of Russian involvement in the 2016 election coupled with payments to a couple of over priced hookers is mired enough in any reasonable persons book.
Little John

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they don't have him on the "verge" of impeachment. If they had any evidence that would have happened long ago/ and who actually gives a shit about Trump and hookers other than a democratic party desperate for anything to scrape off the bottom of a very empty barrel?

Where is the evidence?

I am not defending Trump here. But, this really is moronic.
PS_RalphW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ you defend Russia and Putin at every possible opportunity invariably with ad hominem attacks to deflect from the argument and reduce the poster to silence or a pointless slanging match.

That is all I have to say.
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little John wrote:
No they don't have him on the "verge" of impeachment. If they had any evidence that would have happened long ago/ and who actually gives a shit about Trump and hookers other than a democratic party desperate for anything to scrape off the bottom of a very empty barrel?

Where is the evidence?

No impeachment could not happen before the new congress sits in January with Democrats as the majority. So January is the very first time it could happen hence the "verge". They don't need evidence they need a majority of the votes. The Democrats are the ones that give a S#!& about it, still in denial about 2016, and will scrape every barrel and even make up totally new "evidence" if needed. For the same votes count reason there is no chance of Trump being convicted in the Senate so it will all be a waste of time that will be measured in thousands of hours of staff time and testimony at the cost of millions of tax payer dollars.
Little John

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS_RalphW wrote:
LJ you defend Russia and Putin at every possible opportunity invariably with ad hominem attacks to deflect from the argument and reduce the poster to silence or a pointless slanging match.

That is all I have to say.
I defend neither Russia nor Putin. The fact my asking for evidence produces your response is precisely indicative of the kind of moronic discourse I have already mentioned
Little John

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtsnowedin wrote:
Little John wrote:

Where is the evidence?

No impeachment could not happen before the new congress sits in January with Democrats as the majority. So January is the very first time it could happen hence the "verge". They don't need evidence they need a majority of the votes. The Democrats are the ones that give a S#!& about it, still in denial about 2016, and will scrape every barrel and even make up totally new "evidence" if needed. For the same votes count reason there is no chance of Trump being convicted in the Senate so it will all be a waste of time that will be measured in thousands of hours of staff time and testimony at the cost of millions of tax payer dollars.
So, do you concede there is no actual evidence?
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little John wrote:
So, do you concede there is no actual evidence?

Why would I concede that before Mueller presents his report with the evidence he has?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: