PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brexit process
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314 ... 332, 333, 334  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stumuz1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two simple questions for ease of reference;

1/ Do you think that a professor of economics of a top Russelgroup University, multiple published author on the EU, is someone who's opinion is valid and the postulates given in the academic work, worthy of consideration?

2/ Do you accept that world prices are lower than EU internal market prices?
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/08/25/westminster-sources-swinson-has-held-series-of-calls-with-boris-johnson/

Quote:

Westminster sources have reported that LibDem leader has held a series of phone calls this month with Tory Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

Ms Swinson has said that she will “do whatever it takes” to prevent a no-deal Brexit – but in the same speech declined to work with Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn to do just that.

However, in spite of Johnson’s avowed intent to leave the EU at the end of October with no deal if he can’t achieve a new deal with EU leaders before then – and the seemingly-deliberate shambles of his attempts to obtain a new deal – sources at the palace of Westminster say that she has had a number of chats with Johnson.

The details of the calls and their purpose are unclear, but with a general election expected this autumn a potential new parliamentary pact or coalition is a possible reason.

The LibDems have been asked to confirm the calls and the reason for them.

Not sure what to make of that. Are the LibDems really so stupid as to repeat the mistake they made in 2010?

Yellow f**king tories. I can't stand Swinson.

Can you imagine the scenario? Tories end up about 20 seats short of a majority, libdems have 40 seats, and Swinson goes into coalition with Johnson? Of all the twists in the plot of brexit, that one would surely beat them all.
Lord Beria3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the signs are that boris is serious about trying to get a deal with a soft NI only backstop.

Wouldn't that be a surprise if he pulled it off!
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/secret-plans-make-jeremy-corbyn-20065296

Quote:

The scheme being hammered out by shadow ministers would see Boris Johnson thrown out of No10 in a confidence vote next month.

Mr Corbyn would take his place as PM leading a strictly time-limited minority Labour government.

The Labour leader would promise a second referendum in March 2020 with a General Election the following month.

Might be tricky for Swinson to turn that down. How would her own voters respond if she says no, and then the tories win an election in November and take us out with no deal?
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Beria3 wrote:
All the signs are that boris is serious about trying to get a deal with a soft NI only backstop.

Wouldn't that be a surprise if he pulled it off!

It's not impossible.
cubes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not very likely either imo.

stumuz1 wrote:

I thought the idea of brexit was to make the UK stronger, which means EXPORTING more not importing at cheaper prices destroying our own productive capacity? Plus, when you look at it nationwide, £30bn is not a lot of money. I make it about £425 each.
Catweazle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how exiting the EU will affect our status as a money-launderer, sorry, "service provider". If it is unchanged I guess we'll do OK, after all that's where a large chunk of our GDP comes from. If we lose the ability to launder money, sorry again, "provide financial services", into the EU we could be stuffed.

I think I'll buy some more pasta for the storeroom.
Little John

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Starkey talks to Brendan O’Neill about the ‘lying, deceiving shits’ in the establishment.

https://www.spiked-online.com/podcast-episode/theres-a-word-for-what-the-political-elite-is-doing-treason/
Little John

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This. All of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=RpgTKFeIXzE&app=desktop
Mark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumuz1 wrote:
Mark wrote:

That's rich - you posted the 30 billion claim, so the onus is on you to reference it,

Right, so two very simple fundamental questions you have failed or won't answer, then on que, you go straight into 'whataboutery'

Sorry, until you can answer these simple questions, It is pointless debating with you.

At least we've found something that we can agree on Very Happy

You posted the original claim, but still no reference.
When I post information, I generally reference it so the reader can also decide if they like the source or not (we already know the long list of sources you don't like).

It's for the wider audience to decide wrt your post.
Me personally, I've put it in the same camp at the £350 million extra per week for the NHS which was plastered on the side of a bus.
stumuz1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:

At least we've found something that we can agree on Very Happy

You posted the original claim, but still no reference.

You still have not answered the fundamental questions. Until you do, we will be pointlessly talking past each other.

For example, if we are talking about Banks, it is pointless you talking about fishing banks whilst I am talking about railway banks.

For the debate to continue we need to answer the fundamental question about the debate being about a savings bank.

Mark wrote:

When I post information, I generally reference it so the reader can also decide if they like the source or not (we already know the long list of sources you don't like)..

That's not correct. You post lobbyists press statements. That is not referencing. Lobbyists are bad people.

Mark wrote:

It's for the wider audience to decide wrt your post.
Me personally, I've put it in the same camp at the £350 million extra per week for the NHS which was plastered on the side of a bus.

Ahh! there you go again!! Very Happy

Political adverts on the side of a bus are not a reference. A bus is a public conveyance.

Just because it says OXO on the side of a bus does not mean the driver sells oxo cubes, or that the driver even likes oxo cubes. It's an advert

So, to bring a subject into a debate you first have to agree what the debate is about.

Banks? Oxo cubes? or

1/ Do you think that a professor of economics of a top Russelgroup University, multiple published author on the EU, is someone who's opinion is valid and the postulates given in the academic work, worthy of consideration?

fuzzy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little John wrote:
David Starkey talks to Brendan O’Neill about the ‘lying, deceiving shits’ in the establishment.

https://www.spiked-online.com/podcast-episode/theres-a-word-for-what-the-political-elite-is-doing-treason/

This is also on utube for those of us with steam powered PCs.

It's an astounding interview that everyone should hear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUxV6SvQHc0
Little John

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzy wrote:
Little John wrote:

It is indeed.
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzy wrote:
Little John wrote:

Very interesting. I didn't agree with all of it, but the basic claim is that our political system is completely broken, and with that do agree. Unfortunately, understanding exactly how completely broken it is does not help to fix it.

I am not talking about brexit here, but the whole political system in the country, and its connections to the class system.
Little John

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Swinson on Good Morning Britain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD7oWrpKwYA&feature=youtu.be

It's time to start describing this for for what it is. It's treason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314 ... 332, 333, 334  Next
Page 313 of 334

Jump to: