PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petition to bring COP 26 to London

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Petition to bring COP 26 to London Reply with quote

My MP, Richard Benyon, is mounting a campaign to bring COP 26 to London with a petition to Parliament to get them to support the application. This is a non political action so please can you all support it even though it is proposed by a Conservative MP.

I have written to him to ask if the conference can be a video based conference so that as many delegates as possible can stay at home rather than flying in at great cost to the environment.
woodburner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Petition to bring COP 26 to London Reply with quote

kenneal - lagger wrote:
My MP, Richard Benyon, is mounting a campaign to bring COP 26 to London with a petition to Parliament to get them to support the application. This is a non political action so please can you all support it even though it is proposed by a Conservative MP.

I have written to him to ask if the conference can be a video based conference so that as many delegates as possible can stay at home rather than flying in at great cost to the environment.

It’s a pity Richard Benyon (rich landowner) statements and COP26 isn’t based on SCIENCE instead of the dogma claimed to be science, but which cannot be verified by a control.

If it was science, there wouldn’t be such controversy.

A spotters guide

Quote:
Phrases like – ‘Since records began’, ‘The majority of scientists concur’ ‘Never on such a scale’: are used to convey a message, not necessarily the truth or facts, they rely on the reader having a short memory or being too lazy to check. ‘Unprecedented’; now often means…not within the last 9 months !!

From an associated link:

Quote:
H.L. Mencken said it best; “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.

Quote:
One of our biggest pet peeves in the entire climate change debate is the constant use of name-calling, and this name-calling primarily comes from those on who preach AGW. If you’re skeptical of the ‘climate crisis,’ you’re shunned and labeled as a ‘climate [change] denier.’

Now I wonder where this happens, particularly on PS. Wink

If it mysteriously disappears again, I have a backup, so no worries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Climate Change All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: