PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50 min documentary on Paul Kingnorth.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Books, Magazines & Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Monbiot got spirituality right:

Quote:
I like the idea of literal reincarnation: that the molecules of which I am composed will, once I have rotted, be incorporated into other organisms. Bits of me will be pushing through the growing tips of trees, will creep over them as caterpillars, will hunt those caterpillars as birds. When I die, I would like to be buried in a fashion which ensures that no part of me is wasted. Then I can claim to have been of some use after all.

I like the idea of someone eating an apple, chestnut or a plum from the tree I'm buried under.
woodburner

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndercoverElephant wrote:
woodburner wrote:
woodburner wrote:
What is extinction rebellion doing exactly?

Demanding that the government "tell the truth" about climate change, while simultaneously claiming it is possible to reduce carbon emissions to zero in 5 years.

I agree that is what it appears on the surface.. Not what can be found with a little bit of digging though.

ANy chance you could summarise that? Don't have time to watch it now.

The video is 37 minutes long. To summarise it would take me a lot longer than that, and it could be seen as an inaccurate summary, with bias and all the other accusations.
woodburner

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:

Quote:
I like the idea of literal reincarnation: that the molecules of which I am composed will, once I have rotted, be incorporated into other organisms. Bits of me will be pushing through the growing tips of trees, will creep over them as caterpillars, will hunt those caterpillars as birds. When I die, I would like to be buried in a fashion which ensures that no part of me is wasted. Then I can claim to have been of some use after all.

I like the idea of someone eating an apple, chestnut or a plum from the tree I'm buried under.

Would you want to eat something from the tree under which Tony Bliar gets buried? I suppose it could give you the feeling you were biting his lying head off.
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodburner wrote:
emordnilap wrote:

Quote:

Would you want to eat something from the tree under which Tony Bliar gets buried? I suppose it could give you the feeling you were biting his lying head off.

Even Pol Pot.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodburner wrote:
woodburner wrote:
What is extinction rebellion doing exactly?

Demanding that the government "tell the truth" about climate change, while simultaneously claiming it is possible to reduce carbon emissions to zero in 5 years.

I agree that is what it appears on the surface.. Not what can be found with a little bit of digging though.

I find the idea that big corporations are paying climate activists to change the way the world works which will be to the detriment of those corporations utterly laughable. Every piece of "evidence" against global warming that you post Woodburner leads me to question your sanity even more.
woodburner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should look up who has close ties with 5G companies and with extinction rebellion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Books, Magazines & Film All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: