PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Carbon Aberdeen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonrichards912

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Post Carbon Aberdeen Reply with quote

Sorry for using the Powerswitch forum for this, but has anyone heard of the Post Carbon Institute Relocalisation Network initiative?

There are two UK Post Carbon groups, one in Leeds and the other in Bristol. I would like to start a new group so that Scotland is represented. If anyone has any experience of this let's talk.

It's all well and good talking about peak oil and its effects on this forum. We can engage Joe Public and tell him about Peak Oil, but you can only do that once. We need to find some way to engage the general public and I suggest that the way to interest them and motivate them is to actually do something. I don't think we can wait for Govt. to do anything, any movement to change lifestyles has to come from the grassroots, individuals and communities.
clv101
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend and I are responsible for Post Carbon Bristol... it's embryonic at this stage but we have grand plans - watch this space. The process of setting it up was very smooth, you should get in touch with PCI - they're great Cool .
Joe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm responsible for the Leeds group - see URL in my signature, below Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Scotland All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: