PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tamworth calling, anybody out there?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> East Anglia & The Midlands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tamworth Peter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Tamworth calling, anybody out there? Reply with quote

Hi,

Peter Robinson here in Tamworth. I am looking to start a group to raise awareness and then build local resilience and reduce fossil energy usage in the town.

I think we have a fantastic old market town for localised communities here for example:
I rode my bike in to town this afternoon on all the fab cycle paths from the the Wilnecote/Stonydelph area and to go to the library and put up an advert/notice for people to get in touch and help start Transition Tamworth. The only thing was, the library had just closed (Saturday, 4pm), I should have taken the car Embarassed That will teach me (to plan my time better I mean of course!)

The good news is Sainsbury's said they would put up my notice on the Local Events board behind the checkouts, so it was not all in vain!

Get in touch with me and get involved as we kick things off here in the town ...
and begin the long journey to energy freedom.

Cheers

Peter Robinson
07931 438596
pmor@totalise.co.uk
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck, Peter. Keep in touch. Our group started off with a letter to the local rag.

Ken Neal
Chairman
Transition West Berkshire

It is very, very, very serious indeed. This is the big one!" Professor Tim Lang, APPGOPO, 25/03/08. And he was talking about food, not oil or the economy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> East Anglia & The Midlands All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: